*ED* taking the place of *SI*....help??

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

broken_words
creating your space
creating your space

*ED* taking the place of *SI*....help??

Post by broken_words » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:23 pm

I've been 13 weeks and 6 days free of *SI* and now taking that spot is *ed*....i don't think it is an *ed* b/c i just don't eat much and if i do, i take diet pills... i'm on 18 a day about...yesterday i only took 9 so yeah...and the day before that i took 5. But i guess things aren't going the way i planned...i need to know if you think i have an *ed* or not. I try to make myself puke..but it doesn't work...i just gag...i'm lucky i guess cuz i would be puking right now...it's not just to be thin...i'm already underwight...it's so that i'm physically in pain you know? so yeah...and the pills are organic...just so yea know! Can anyone offer advice or something?

dreams
growing roots
growing roots

Post by dreams » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:50 pm

Congratulations on being 13 weeks free of SI. :D

Yes this is an eating disorder and more importantly self harming behaviour. Diet pills can be very dangerous.
broken_words wrote: it's so that i'm physically in pain you know?
Why do you need to be in physical pain?

Is there any other thing you could do other than causing yourself physical pain that would help?
broken_words wrote: i guess things aren't going the way i planned
What were your plans? What did you hope to acheive?

Have you seen these posts:

151 things to do before you SI
Laura's list of coping strategies

We are here to offer you support. Hugs if wanted. :1hugs:

dreams :clover:
<center>

:redstar: I have been SI-free since 22nd November 2004 :redstar:

</center>