First shot at therapy

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

LooksLikeRailRoads
one of us
one of us

First shot at therapy

Post by LooksLikeRailRoads » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:30 am

So this is my first shot at therapy (well directly for SI) and I'm pretty freaked out. Haven't really had much help in prior therapy and haven't seen it help many either. Just looking for a refreshing "yo therapy really helps" type thing to alleviate some of my concerns. I dunno something to keep my head from feeling like the inside of a jelly donut for a little while.
We can't all be cowboys, some of us are clowns.

Aly
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by Aly » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:19 pm

Hey,

First off, welcome to BUS -- I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for here...

Secondly, Therapy for me, has worked wonders. I stopped siing within like, 2 months, and still see my T who has helped me so much.

Give it a try, because although it mightnt have worked for other people, it could well work for you....

Good luck, if you need anything, just PM me...

DirtyMagicalAly
The wind and I, we speak the same, but he don’t hear so well.
Well, you’re gonna have to curse him, well you’re gonna have to yell.
The sky and I, we’ve had our fights and I’m coming round to rain,
Well, if the rain come round and it don’t come out, then I’ll never have to speak again,
I can tick tick tick tick tick tick tick away.

If Heaven is as Heaven does then this is Hell for sure...

jamie28

Post by jamie28 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:48 am

therapy........ you get out of it what you put into it.

so if you really "talk" and work on whatever assignments you are given, you can get a lot out of it. if you clam up and don't talk and don't do the work it's a waste of time.

jamie

LooksLikeRailRoads
one of us
one of us

Post by LooksLikeRailRoads » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:25 am

thanx, I still have this looming cloud surrounding the matter, but I figure that will clear after the first visit. I may just be worked up for no reason, it's just a huge step for me. This has only been occuring for about 2 years now, but since I've tried to control it on my own it seems to have made occurences worse, and in turn harder for people around me. I truly don't feel embarassed by it, but it's easier to disavow judgemental strangers then it is sympathetic loved ones (I've just recently been around family again). I just have all these confusions. I'll prolly post what its like after it all goes down, if only to alleviate some one else who may end up in the same place.
We can't all be cowboys, some of us are clowns.