keep getting logged out

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

keep getting logged out

Post by Proximity » Sun May 01, 2005 12:30 am

hey,
BUS keeps logging me out all of a sudden for no reason that I can understand, it wouldn't be a problem except that when I log back in, there are no more indicators of new messages, so then I don't have any idea of what I've read and what I haven't :roll:
it's a bit of a pain .. does anyone know what that might be, or what I could do (or am doing wrong)?

:lblstar: prox. :bluestar:
[so long and thanks for all the fish]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Sun May 01, 2005 8:53 am

I should say things like clear your cache, try logging out and logging back in with the box ticked to keep you logged in, but I think you've probably already done that. :tongue:

Are you sure you're using buslist not busmail? I found that I'd switched back suddenly for some reason...

Dan

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Sun May 01, 2005 5:14 pm

yeah, have already emptied cash, have clicked the box to keep me logged in, and I'm definiately using buslist. Oh well. I think that maybe it's because my school has been doing some updating on their internet stuff and perhaps we have had very brief goings downs of the internet, resulting in the connection flickering, so I'm logged out .. ? is that possible?

:star: prox. :star:
[listen here young lady, - all that matters is what makes you happy.]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery

Jellybob
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by Jellybob » Sun May 01, 2005 7:34 pm

It shouldn't happen that way - it's possible that your school network is using a system to reduce the ammount of traffic they have to handle though, so every now and then you appear to be connecting from a different computer, which causes you to get logged out, because it looks like somebody else is trying to use your saved login.

Jon
Everybody loves Jaws.
Great new music Resident Alien