a question and a suggestion for bus

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

a question and a suggestion for bus

Post by angelic212 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:16 pm

my question is if we could get more themes for the board and my suggestion is that when you turn orange smartie i think the busses should be orange not just pink. could you change that to make a difference between orange smartie and the one below orange smartie? cause both of them are kind of purpulish/pink. just a suggestion. i would love to have more board themes for bus, currently im using the diddle one

Chessie
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Chessie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:15 pm

I personally have to say I agree about more themes....we need another dark one. There are so many light ones and not enough dark ones. My vision is very screwed up due to medications I take and the dark colors are easier on my eyes...

Dark Sky was perfect. With sub black- it's now got all the white and that makes my eyes ache and I can't stay on for long. I switched over to a light theme and have been using that and just over-straining my eyes, which really hurts.

-Chessie
<B><center>:star: SI free since September 16th, 2004 :star:</center><center><b> :bfly: hugs welcomed :pinkstar: </b>

My Service Dog Indy

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Although I'm not the person to answer these questions, I have a few thoughts....

The theme question is something already addressed in a few threads here (see thisone). If I recall correctly, having fewer themes makes it much easier to update the board when necessary, and for when other changes are made.

Chessie - have you tried turning your screen a bit darker ? I did this recently, and it made a huge difference to my eyes. It should be a pretty easy setting, probably called 'brightness'. Or just fiddle with them all and see if it helps. Its worth a try anyway.

The orange smartie having pink busses is a little unfortunate. I have no idea how hard that would be to change, but imagine the uproar if people who had passed the pink busses ended up with them again because the colours all changed! Maria, the rank below orange smartie is town councillor, and they're the same coloured busses, but there are 4 not 5 of them. A lot of the rank changes are like that, go to the next colour but have 4 busses, then go to 5, then it changes colour. More info on that can be found here.

fire.bird
growing roots
growing roots

Post by fire.bird » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:06 pm

chessie, i have problems with my vision, too. i could be wrong, but it seemed from previous discussion that the board themes were pretty well set for now. if that does turn out to be the case, mallie's suggestion about turning the screen darker works well -- and i also have a screen in front of my monitor to reduce glare, which helped a lot with me. you can get them at computer-supply stores, and they're pretty cheap.

:star:
~b
i feel the sun on my back
i smell the earth in my skin
i see the sky above me like a full recovery

Chessie
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Chessie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:20 pm

I've changed over to quidditch as my theme....it's a touch easier on my eyes....but the purple and yellow, yikes. A more toned down color and/or bigger font would be nice. One or the other. Like the lighter purple is totally cool....my eyes just cannot take stark differences. They are very, very sensitive.
<B><center>:star: SI free since September 16th, 2004 :star:</center><center><b> :bfly: hugs welcomed :pinkstar: </b>

My Service Dog Indy

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:41 am

The white and black is very difficult I agree. But it is easier for Deb to update the board with fewer themes....sorry :-(
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto