Can't recieve private messages - help?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

morning-glory
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Can't recieve private messages - help?

Post by morning-glory » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:07 pm

Lately I've been noticing that all the messages that one member sends me I don't recieve. I get an e-mail alert telling me I have a new private message but when I go to look at it no message is there. No one else so far has pm me so I don't know if its just this one buser that I can't get private messages from or if its everyone. Any ideas what might be wrong?

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Perhaps they are writing them and then deleting them. You'd still get the notification, but wouldn't be able to find the message. I'll send you a pm right now and let me know if you get it.
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto

morning-glory
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by morning-glory » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:08 pm

Thank you for checking that for me I appreciate it. :) I just replied to your message so maybe what you said about the member deleting them might be the case in this instance.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi,
I'm having this problem too. I got the email saying I got a pm yesterday, but when I checked my inbox, there was nothing there. Apart from the person deleting them, (maybe they are, though I wouldn't say so) is there any other reason why they wouldn't come through?
Thanks in advance

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:55 am

I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't. But I've pm'd you to test them out. (and I won't delete it).
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 am

Yes, that worked. Sorry about that, I just wasn't sure at the time whether they were being deleted by the person or not.

Thanks for helping me out