Back-to-School Support

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

MusicalMorphine
growing roots
growing roots

Post by MusicalMorphine » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:15 pm

11 weeks till GCSEs. Not doing so good with school work. Panic alert.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Sorry to hear that school work isn't going well, Musical.

Today I'm going to study my butt off. 8)

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:33 am

I have three exams this week and I am STRESSED.

MusicalMorphine
growing roots
growing roots

Post by MusicalMorphine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:55 pm

balletomane wrote:Sorry to hear that school work isn't going well, Musical.

Today I'm going to study my butt off. 8)
Yeah. I have suddenly come to the realisation "Oh my God coursework, where did all the time go, exams coming up!" Yeah you get the picture ha.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:08 am

I know how that goes. I have two more exams this week and I am not ready for them.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:33 am

nobody's truly ready for exams.

as someone who has Been There and Done That, seriously, it is not the end of the world. future employers are NOT going to be looking at exam results; they just want to know the degree you have and if you can do the work.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

powdahchica
growing roots
growing roots

Post by powdahchica » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am

So... I know that depression messes with my thinking and writing skills, but this week it kind of kicked me in the butt. I had an essay due on monday, and i didn't finish it until last night. And because i didn't have my essay done, i skipped the class on monday and wednesday.

I know, I broke the cardinal rule of surviving school when I'm depressed, which is that I let myself skip class and now I feel even more behind. Bah.

I just feel overwhelmed to the point that it's hard to even start anything.

Advice, thoughts, etc...?

-Anna
<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=121893">Love must be as much a light as it is a flame.</a>
{My Place}

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am

I can definitely relate, Anna. My best advice would be to make sure you go to class tomorrow or whenever you have it next, so skipping doesn't become a habit. Also do what you can on the work you missed. Something is better than nothing.

Good luck. :star:

fire eye'd boy
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by fire eye'd boy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:05 am

I'm really struggling this semester.

I really need to do well, because last semester I got all As (and "A-"s) for the first time in a long time. It made me feel good about myself.

But I just can't concentrate. I go to class as much as I can, but recently I've developed a fear of... people. I can't stand them in such large quantities, always judging me...

I went to go do some catch-up work today, but this professor I didn't even know ran me out of the TV studios, and then all those people... I ran back to my room, changed clothes three times, and fell asleep. I really shouldn't fall asleep all the time to avoid these things. I'm alseep so much that I only manage one meal a day (the cafeteria really should be open longer).

The problem is first, these things in and of themselves, and second- that they're old, recurring problems I thought I was rid of... SI, for one. I think about it all the time now, and I haven't done that for two years. It's freaking me the fuck out that I'm this easily shook up by practically nothing...

My campus student services center offers something like 10 free sessions with a therapist, and then a reduced rate... and I'm seriously considering going to that, but I'm afraid of... not being well-recieved, not finding anyone I can relate to... of it just being a big joke. Has anyone ever gone to something like that? If you have, let me know... just... cause.
Last edited by fire eye'd boy on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:54 pm

I did counseling at my old school. It helped a little. My friends have really benefited from it though, so I would give it a try. Good luck.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:55 pm

argh. just argh.

MusicalMorphine
growing roots
growing roots

Post by MusicalMorphine » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:24 pm

balletomane wrote:argh. just argh.
May I join you in that 'argh'?

I can't stop procrastinating.

MusicalMorphine
growing roots
growing roots

Post by MusicalMorphine » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:14 pm

I just got my school report. My grades are not so good.

morning-glory
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by morning-glory » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:35 pm

If it makes you feel any better MusicalMorphine I'm kinda in the same boat right now. Grades aren't so great for me either right now.

I just failed to hand in a paper today that I got an extension on over my spring break and I failed to show up for class because I was doing the paper so now I feel like I've really let the professor down and he won't trust me again. :(

That and I failed to turn in a group assignment for the same class because I forgot about it. So I kinda feel like a irresponisible person today even though I'm trying not to be.

Problem is I just keep getting so anxious about my homework that I freeze and have a really hard time doing it or I panic and then get really strong si urges that take a lot of energy to fight off thus leaving little energy to do school work. :(

So its frustrating but the good thing is that school won't last forever and hopefully one of these days it will help us get to a place that we want to be. So hang in there. :star: