Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:58 pm

:wavey:
I'm glad you had a good time visiting friends, and well done for not si-ing! I hope you enjoy your holiday too.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:25 pm

:wavey: I had a great night sleep last night. I went to see my parents this morning and they are doing fine,they have no plans for the holiday either. I am not sure what my boy-friend and I will be doing,cause of the rain.He will be over around noon,and later on we are going out for dinner.I hope the rain stops. I did not do any SI so far,and it has been awhile since it happen. I am going to take it easy today and enjoy the day with my boy-friend. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am picking up the apartment till he gets here.I am doing alright. I feel pretty good this morning. I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoy yourself. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later on. :toasting:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:22 am

I am doing alright. I went out with my boy-friend and we had a great dinner at Denny's and then we went to his mother's house for awhile. That went great. Then we came back here and watched t.v.,and watch a movie on Lifetime. He went home to get some sleep. I slip with SI after he left, I feel horrible inside,and I am not sure what even tiggered it this time.That is why I came on the bus,cause I feel safe here.I will be alright. I am going to bed soon,cause I have to get up for day treatment program and then I have off Friday. I already took my medication for the night. I feel horrible inside for what I did,but I have to remember that slips will happen and not to beat myself up for it,that can be hard sometimes,but I am trying. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. We did not see the fireworks,cause all it did today was rain. I will be fine,I keep telling myself that,to help myself feel better. I will be going to bed soon,cause I am getting tired. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. I will be alright. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:48 am

I know that I have not been on for awhile,there has been soo much going on here. I went to the ER this morning and my boy-friend took me,I have a fungus infection under my breasts,and it looks horrible,I got cream for it.I have to use it twice a day till it clears up. Then we went to program afterwards,that went alright. When I came home I wrote in my journal and took a nap,then he came over and we watched t.v. He just left to go home to get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon as well. I had a long talk with my therapist and she helped me alot today. I have to get blood work done in the morning and then I am going out for lunch with my friend. I have not done any SI today and I am proud of myself for that.It was not easy,but I got through it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am going to bed real soon,I am getting tired. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:41 pm

I am doing alright. I went to get blood work done this morning and then my mother came over. I will be going out for lunch with my friend at 1:30 and my boy-friend will be over later on. I am having a problem and it has to do with my boy-friend. I feel inscure,if I spell that right,when he talk to other females at the day treatment program. I had real bad relationship in the past that really hurt me physically,emottionally and mentally. I know I have a relationship that is positive and healthy for me. He is a great guy. What is wrong with me? Why do I still feel this way,we have been together for 1 year.I also have low self-esteem as well. I hate feeling this way. I am going to watch t.v, till she picks me up. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:48 am

I had a great time with my friend,and the lunch was great.Then when I came home I took a nap,cause I was tired. I am sitting here with my boy-friend and we are watching t.v. I am feeling alright,just bored,so I do not know what we are doing. I did not write in my journal today,but I did do other positive things as well. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there. I hope everyone has a great day. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:51 pm

I have been keeping myself busy today. I went to my mother's to pick things up.Then I came home and put my laundry away,did my nails and they look nice. I am watching t.v.,right now and then later I have things to do. I did not do any SI last night,and I am proud of myself for that.I will write in my journal later on,and do other positive things for myself. My boy-friend will be over later on. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I feel somewhat depressed,I do not know why I am feeling that way. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:43 am

I kept myself busy most of the day,besides taking a nap and having a t.v. dinner,then my boy-friend came over and we are watching t.v. I did not do any SI either and that is great. I have a busy day tomorrow,I have to go shopping for food in the morning,and later on we are going out with my boy-friend's family to celerbrate his birthday,which is on Wed.,but they are doing it earlier. We are going out to eat and later going to his house for cake. I am doing alright though. I was feeling anxious earlier,but now I feel more relaxed. I did not write in my journal for two days,but I am using other coping skills that help me. I will get myself back in my journal,there are days that I do not feel like writing in it,and other days I do. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to go and watch t.v.. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:36 pm

I am doing alright. I got my shopping done this morning for food.I am tired out. I have a busy day today,I am going to take a nap for awhile and then I am going to write in my journal. Later on I am going out with my boy-friend's family to celerbrate his birthday,we are going out for dinner and back to his mother's house to have cake. His birthday is not to Wed. I am feel pretty good,just tired,that is all. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I hanging in there and doing the best I can. I did not do any SI last night,great!!! I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:24 pm

I took a nap for awhile and then I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. My boy-friend will be here at 4pm and we are leaving at 5pm. I am going to enjoy my day with him and his family. It has been 4 days since I done SI and I feel great about it. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I am getting ready and putting my makeup on,I ususally do not wear it,but when I do,it makes me feel great inside. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I feel pretty good so far,I was feeling anxious earlier,but now I feel more relax,cause I took some deep breathes. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on sometime. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:37 am

I had a great day today. I went with my boy-friend and we went out to dinner with his family,to celebrate his birthday and his brother in-law,the cake was great,then we went back to his house for awhile.Then we came back here to visit and relax. He went home cause he was tired and I will be going to bed soon,I just have to take my medication. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it,just not getting up early. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good so far,just tired. I am going to watch t.v for awhile and then go to bed. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:51 am

This may have been mentioned already, since there are so many replies, but whenever you feel the urge to SI, hold an icecube in each hand. Hold on to those icecubes for dear life, and don't do anything until they have melted. That helps.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:39 pm

I had a great day at program and I had a great talk with my therapist. I already wrote in my journal,it helped me alot. It is soo hot outside,and the heat is making me tired. I probably take a nap in a little while.The urges of doing SI was soo strong last night,that I kept myself busy,by being on the computer and watching t.v.,till I got tired and went to bed. I got through it without doing any SI,that felt great. I am going to take a nap for awhile,till my boy-friend comes over,not sure what we are doing. He also goes to day treatment program,he suffers from anxiety and OCD. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.Thank-you for the messages about the ice cube, I will try it. I will be back on later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:44 pm

I had a busy night last night. My boy-friend had to go to the ER,cause his feet was swollen,he is alright,he has to see his doctor about it today. I was so angry yesterday,and it had nothing to do with him,it is the heat that is getting to me. I did write in my journal yesterday and that helped me alot,I did not do any SI,that is great.I cleaned my apartment befoe the heat gets to me,and my nurse will be over later to do my medication.Then my boy-friend will also be over later. I am doing alright,just feeling frustrated,and hot. This is my day off and I am going to enjoy it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:26 pm

I got all my cleaning done,and then I took a long nap,cause I was soo tired due to the heat. My nurse came over and did my medication,and I am just waiting for my boy-friend to come over. I did not write in my journal today,cause I just did not feel like it and the heat is really getting to me. I am doing alright,just feeling frustrated and restless,I am having a hard time relaxing,but I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright,just need to relax. I am going to watch t.v.,till my boy-friend gets here. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:49 am

I had a great day today. My boy-friend took me out for dinner at Sunny's and then we went shopping,so we had a great time together. I am doing alright,just feeling tired and hot. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it,then later on his mom is taking us out for dinner to celebrate his birthday. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I am doing fine. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will watch t.v.,for awhile and then I am going to bed. I did not do any SI today,and I feel great inside. I hope everyone is doing fine here. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:07 am

I am doing alright. I have been busy all day. I went to day treatment program and that went well. When I came home I took a nap,cause I was tired. My boy-friend and his mother picked me up and we went out to dinner at Denny's to celebrate his birthday,then we went back to his house for cake,boy I ate to much today.We are watching t.v.,and he is sleeping over.I did not do any SI today,but yesterday I did slip with SI,I was feeling anxious and frusrtrated about this,I am doing alright though. He wants to be with me,cause he loves me and cares for me. I feel bad about what happens,but slip is part of recovery,just hard to let it go. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I think my boy-friend and I are going to visit some friends later on. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to be fine. If I am not back on the bus later on,I will be back on tomorrow evening. I hanging in there. I am going to enjoy my night with my boy-friend.Taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi Candy, I hope you had a good night. I'm really glad you're taking care of yourself, and I'm sorry that you had a difficult time with the SI. You seem to have a really positive attitude about recovery though, I think that's great. Keep looking after yourself.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:32 pm

I went to day treatment program,and it went great,I also meant with my therapist and we had a great talk. I came home from program and then I took a nap. My boy-friend is here and we are going out to visit some friends.I am doing alright,I am feeling better than what I did. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I do not know when I will be home from visiting friends,but If I am not on here later,I will be on tomorrow. I am taking care of myself.I will be alright. I will be back on here later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:23 am

I am doing pretty good tonight,My boy-friend and I went to visit some friends tonight,and we had a great time. He left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon myself, I am tired. I did not do any SI tonight,and I am proud of myself for that. I have to go to the doctor in the morning,and when I come home,I have some work to do around here,and later my case-manager is coming over. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am getting tired and I am going to go and get some sleep. I will be back on the bus tomorrow. :bcatsmile: