who knows how to get around this? (mac)

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

who knows how to get around this? (mac)

Post by Proximity » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:07 pm

so apparently I deleted "stuffit engine" or whatever. Becaue stuffit expander or whatever won't work anymore.
So I go to download it, which works fine, until.. I realize .. the download comes in a stuffed ziped whatever you want to call it, package, which (duh) I cant' un-stuffify.

ARGH.

this is stopping me from being able to do a lot of things. Like I need divxdoctor, but Ican't use it because it comes in a suffed package.

the other info is that I'm running os10.3.4 and if it would help, my brother has a mac too, which is working fine and also running the latest OS.. so could I burn what I need onto a cd from him and put it on my comp and make it work??

While we're at it, does anyone know of a better way to watch .avi files on a mac? they always need to be doctored, becaue the sound doesn't work... :roll:

ALSO on software update, I keep trying to install the new java, but something keeps going wrong with the update. What's with that?

I feel like a dumbass at the moment.

Otherwise, my mac works great, and I love it. hehehehheheheeh ;)

:star: prox. :star:
[bjork]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:40 am

For the StuffIt thing, I can't help you.

For the .avi files, I use VLC, which is a great, great programme and plays next to EVERYTHING (except for .wmv files and non-DiVX .mpg files)

I haven't ran software update since I got my Mac, so I don't know how to help you there, either.

joku_muko
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by joku_muko » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:45 am

Can you copy the stuffit files from the MAC cd that came with it to the hard drive?