Just a small question

for talking about the whole welcoming new people to bus project.

Moderators: Butterfly., Paws

caged bird
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Just a small question

Post by caged bird » Mon May 12, 2003 5:31 pm

ummm do we welcome everyone or is there someone forom say friends and family who can welcome those people, it's prolly a stupid question but i thiought it might be better if the frineds and family people had someone form friends and family to talk to adn show them around a bit

*sorry if i'm being dumb*

*birdie*
visit my website
My Place

Being almost devastated is horrible because it lingers. But total devastation brings a kind of peace. It lets you give up.
Thieves and Kings: Volume Two by Mark Oakly

The line between normal and crazy seemed impossibly thin. A person would have to be an expert tightrope walker in order not to fall.
Running with scissors - Augusten Burroughs

indiegirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by indiegirl » Mon May 12, 2003 6:20 pm

no that's a good point, perhaps people who frequent the family and friends board (Ime for example) could do that, or leave it to the f&f people to look after their own, they may have a whole welcoming thing anyway....i don't really know!
<center>I'm so modern everything is pointless (Nicky Wire's shirt 1994)
In three words I can sum up everything that I have learned
about life. It goes on (Robert Frost)
*~*on the way back up*~*</center>

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Mon May 12, 2003 6:53 pm

i think we should welcome friends and family anyway :) ... people dont go there so much though so just make sure we look...
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Mon May 12, 2003 7:05 pm

I've been doing a few things with welcoming in the past - anyone on any board - but I do that by looking on the last page of the memberlist and then either PMing them or finding their first post and replying... that means that people who never post also get a welcome...

And the other thing I have done, is look for names I don't recognise as I enter the index page and PM them... (or check first before I say welcome in case I've just been blind and they have posted lots before!)

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker

Antenna
post laureate
post laureate

Post by Antenna » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:50 am

Course, it's probably a good idea to go down to the bottom of the main main page and see who is the newest in terms of registering . . . hmmm.
Ant's place

Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie

Aspie twin #1: Taking over the galaxy system by system

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:08 am

Antenna wrote:Course, it's probably a good idea to go down to the bottom of the main main page and see who is the newest in terms of registering . . . hmmm.
Problem with that is that if several people register close together, it can be easy to miss people.

What I do, is look at the memberlist, then sort it in descending date order (or skip to the last page, whatever works for you), and then look at who has posted, find first posts and then put them on the 1st posts thread so others can find them more easily. I'm not always too comfortable sending PMs, I don't feel that I can write them very well, so making things easier for others to find is a good way for me to help here when I'm not up to PMing :)

Antenna
post laureate
post laureate

Post by Antenna » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:29 pm

That's a good idea. I don't mind PMing people, and you're obviously better at finding people than I am.

We have a good combo then. :)
Ant's place

Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie

Aspie twin #1: Taking over the galaxy system by system