Cover-Up Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Cover-Up Thread

Post by pelagic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:38 pm

I've decided to create a cover-up thread, you know, creative ways to hide scars and scratchs. I'm new at this, so please have patience with me. Rather nervous :grntongue:

In colder weather, I suggest wearing a long sleeved black shirt with t-shirt over top, usually in a bright colour like hot pink, red, or a light grey. If you are a guy, either wear a long sleeved shirt, or a t-shirt with an unzipped sweater/jacket over top. If you have scars on your legs, merely wear pants.

In hot weather, it's a lot harder to cover-up and not raise suspicions. On forearms and wrists, foundation (a liquid of your skin tone; make up) can cover most/all of it. Wear lots of bracelets (bright, colourful beads), wrap a bandana around your wrist and safety-pin it so it won't fall off, wear a heavy watch, or even wear gloves (I cut the fingers off mine). If you are in a pinch and are a little tight on cash, tights/black nylons cut in a forearm's length works really well (cut a hole for the thumb so it won't fall off).

If you are a girl, you can wear a light coloured tank top (for example, a light blue), with a white, long sleeved, unbuttoned shirt over top. If anybody asks, you can tell them you burnt your shoulders really badly and they're too sensitive for the sun. Or, you could just say that you don't want to burn in the first place.

For scars on leg in the summer time, I wear long flowing skirts, knee-length shorts, capris, short skirts with tights, and I have a pair of cut-off jeans (really short) and I wear tights underneath.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:31 pm

I wear jeans whether or not it's 110 out or 10 out.

Just wear what you want, and if people ask =/ fuck 'em
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:04 am

I usually wear what I want as well (with the exception of family get-togethers =/), but I cannot stand to be too hot. I only have guy jeans anyway =P