Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:19 am

I had a great day at program today,and when I came home,I had to go to the drugstore,to filled presdione ,if I spell that word right,cause I put perfume on and the neck day my neck broke out with a allergic reaction to my skin. I am not happy about taking it,cause my boy-friend did and he gain alot of weight. I am only taking them for 12 days,the first four days I take 2 and they are only 20mg,and the next 4 days I take one pill and then 1/2 pills for the last four days. I am watching want I eat. My neck was so red,it looked horrible.I will be alright. I took a nap after wards and my boy-friend came over and we are watching t.v.I had a great talk with my therapist and she helped me alot. I am going to take it easy and relax. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am tired,but I will be alright.I have not done any SI and there are times that it is not easy for me,but I am hanging in there. I am going to stay cool,cause it is hot outside. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:09 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we watched t.v.,and took it easy. My boy-friend just left and he went home to get some sleep. I finally wrote in my journal and that helped me alot,to deal with feelings and emotions that were bothering me. I have cleaning to do tomorrow and my nurse is coming over to do my medication. I have not done any SI today,and even though the urges are there,I am fighting them. I just have to take my medication before I go to bed. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright,just tired.I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then go to bed. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. Have a great night everyone. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Hey Candy, keep fighting those urges, you're doing great. I hope your allergies get better for you soon, and try not to worry about putting on weight because medicines don't effect everyone in the same way. I'm glad that writing in your journal is helping with the urges and bothersome feelings, I think that writing is great for that.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I got most of my cleaning done in my apartment,cause it needed it. I had a great night sleep,and I am doing alright. I will probably relax the rest of the day and write in my journal later on,and it does help me alot. My nurse will be over later to do my medication. It is hard to fight the urges of SI,but I try very hard not to slip. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am going to watch t.v and take it easy for awhile,then get back to work around here. I will keep myself busy today and keep my mind focus. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:28 pm

I got most of my cleaning done today,even though my power was turn off for awhile,due to the fact that they had some work to do with the apartments that they are fixing,it will be like this for next 3 days,but at least I will not be here for the first two days,cause I will be at program. I am doing alright.I have not done any SI today,but the urges and the thoughts are bothering me,and I am trying to keep myself busy,so I do not slip with SI. I know that my boy-friend will be here around 5 or 5:30 pm,and we are going out to visit some friends,and I am not sure if I will be back on the bus the rest of the day,cause I have to go to day treatment program tomorrow,so I am relaxing and waiting for him to get here. I did not get a chance to write in my journal today,but I did write in it last night,I feel bad when I do not write in it,but there are other days that I can write,or use other coping skills that I have. Ijust wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.I am going to be alright and take care of myself. I will try to be back on it before I leave. hanging in there :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:02 am

I just want to say that I did slip with SI,and I was feeling anxious at the time.My boy-friend is here and we will be leaving real soon,to go out and visit some friends,cause right now I need to get out of here.I will be alright,I am mad that I slip with SI,but it happens and I need to get back on track and to remember that tomorrow is a new day. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be ok. I will be back on the bus tomorrow,cause it will be late when I get home and I have program tomorrow. I will take care of myself and be good to myself.that is a promise to myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:36 am

My boy-friend just left to go home and get some sleep. We went visiting some friends tonight and I did not feel right after the SI that happen earlier,I feel angry at myself for Slipping and I am trying very hard not to let it get to me.I am watching t.v.and relaxing till I go to bed. I am doing alright,just not feeling good about myself for what happen,I know that I need to let it go,not easy though. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I have day treatment program tomorrow,so I will be back on the bus later in the evening.I am taking care of myself right now,and being on the bus helps me alot. I will be alright and I promise myself that if I do not feel safe,to either get on the bus or call someone.I am getting tired and I need some sleep,which is the best thing for me. I will be back on tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 am

I just want to say thanks for everyone here and I am glad to be here. I am going to bed,and I am doing alright.If I need to come back on,I will do so. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:01 am

I can not get to sleep,just feel restless. I would rather be here,cause I feel safe here.I am just watching t.v.,and trying to think good thoughts. This is one bad day for me,but I have to remember that it will pass,and when I am program tomorrow,I will talk to my therapist about this. If anyone has any coping skills that they think that will help me,please post it here,thanks alot.Once I get to sleep I will be fine,it is hard getting there,but I will get tired sooner or later.If I am not on the bus later on,I went to bed,so everyone knows. I took my medication and I am getting tired,so I am going to lay down and try to get some sleep.I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:51 pm

I had a rough night sleeping,but finally I got to sleep,it was not easy though. I am getting ready for program and I am going to have a nice day.When I get home,I am going to take a nap and then write in my journal sometime later. I am doing alright,just tired. I feel somewhat better than I did yesterday,just going to focus on today. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:20 pm

I had a great day at program,and then I came home and took a nap. I am trying to find where I can get a bracelet for SI and a free newsletter for SI,if anyone knows of any information,please let me know. I am going to take a walk with my boy-friend and then I am going to write in my journal later on,and try to use my coping skills when I feel the urges to do SI. I feel bad about what happen last night with SI,but to remember not to be to hard on myself and move on,it is not always easy.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am just taking care of myself right now.I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:45 am

hey just stopping in. Hang in there and good job using coping skills!
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. My boy-friend and I just watch t.v,last night,and I wrote in my journal which helped me alot,I did that after we took a walk. I feel better than I did. I am getting ready to do to program and when I get home I will take a nap,before my boy-friend gets here.My power will be off sometime today,so I will get back on the bus when it comes back on. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not do any SI last night and I am proud of myself for that. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to get going and get ready. I will be back on the bus later on.have a great day. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 pm

I had a great day at program and talking with my therapist helped me alot. I did not take a nap,cause I was busy around the apartment. I am doing alright,just frustrated,cause my mother is getting on my nerves,she likes to yell at me for everything,but I am not going to let her get to me. I am going to relax and watch t.v.,till my boy-friend gets here.I did not write in my journal yet,but hopefully I will get to it later or tomorrow.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I took my evening medication and I am not sure what we are going to do later on. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:20 am

I am doing alright and I had a great night.My boy-friend and I were watching t.v.,and relaxing.Then he went home to get some sleep,cause he was tired.I am going to go to bed real soon,and I just have to take my medicaton. I did not do any SI today,and I am proud of myself for that. I have the day off tomorrow. My friend and I are going out for lunch,the rest of the day I am going to enjoy myself.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I feel pretty good,just tired out.I hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to enjoy my weekend and to remember to you use my coping skills as well. I will be going to bed real soon,and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow.Have a great night :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 pm

I had a great day so far. I slept alot,cause I was tired out.Then I went out for lunch with a friend and we had a great time. I did not write in my journal yet,cause I was busy. I have not done any SI last night or today,and I am proud of myself for that. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then my boy-friend will be over later on. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am feeling pretty good so far and taking care of myself.I am going to enjoy the day and do want makes me happy. I hope everyone is having a great day as well. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:17 am

I am doing alright so far. I went to the store with my boy-friend and then we went for a walk,and we are sitting here watching t.v.. I have not done any SI today,and I am proud of myself for that. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I will try harder to write in it tomorrow. It has been a busy day for me. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to watch t.v,and then later I will go to bed.It felt good to take a walk,and it helped to get rid of the anxiety and the stress that I have been feeling. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:07 pm

I had a hard time last night,cause I slip with SI again,I feel real bad about it and I am angry with myself,but I got to remember that it does happen,and I do try very hard not to.I have to go to my mothers this morning and I am not sure what I am doing the rest of the day,my boy-friend and I might go to a craft show,not sure about that yet.Besides that I am hanging in there and trying to focus on the positive things,but it is not easy,cause of the slip that I had last night.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:36 pm

My boy-friend came over and we went to a craft show,we had a great time and did alot of walking.I have not done any SI so far and I feel good about it. I am going to relax and watch t.v.,with my boy-friend and I am not sure what we are doing later on. I want to write in my journal later on,that is my goal today. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:16 am

I had a great day so far,my boy-friend and I had a great day at the craft show and now we are watching t.v. I slip again with SI and I feel terrible inside and guilty,cause I have been doing so good for awhile and now I am messing up. I know that I should not feel guilty about it,but I do. I also need to improve my self-esteem,and if anyone knows of good website on that,please let me know.thanks alot.I am going to watch t.v.,with him and then go to bed later. I am going to write in my journal tomorrow and work on other coping skills that I need to do for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright,but if I need to I will come back here later,if the urges get to me. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.My boy-friend stop me from going to far with SI,and we had a great talk about it. I am going to take care of myself later.I hope everyone has a great night. If I am not back on here later,I will be back on here tomorrow. I do feel bad though,but I will be ok. :bcatsmile: