Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 am

I had going to relax with my boy-friend tonight and watch a movie,I have not decided what to watch yet,but we will figure it out. Lavandar candles relaxes me as well. I am doing pretty good. Just taking it easy and staying cool and you do the samething.Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me.My stomach is feeling somewhat better,but the heat does not help it. I hope you have a great time at the party. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 am

I had a great night with my boy-friend we just watched t.v.,and had a quiet evening to ourselves,I enjoy myself. I am watching t.v and will be going to bed soon. I just have to take my medication tonight. I have not done any SI today,and even though the thoughts were there,I am fighting it and not going to give in to it,that is why I come here alot when I alone,just to look around. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright tonight. I have day treatment program tomorrow,so I will be back on the bus later on when I get home. If anyone has any coping skills that they think will be helpful to me,please post them here if you want. I am getting tired and I will be going to bed real soon. I will be back on tomorrow evening. taking care of myself tonight. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 am

I just wanted to ask,does anyone know of good website that had games on it that you can play online and coloring pictures that you can print off,to color,if so please let me know. Thanks alot. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:45 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we watched t.v. and took it easy.I also wrote in my journal before he came over and it helped me alot. I have not done any SI today and I feel good about myself.Day treatment program went great today. My boy-friend just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be doing the same thing pretty soon, I am getting tired and I already took my medication for the night. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime in the evening. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am doing alright.I am going to go and watch t.v.,before I go to bed.I will be back on the bus tomorrow,evening. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:47 am

you might try googling for coloring pages or games... i don't know of any sites with those right off :)

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:51 am

Thanks for the information about the website for the games and the coloring pictures. I will check it out tomorrow when I get home,just tired out right now.Again thanks for the information. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:49 pm

I just got home from program and I had a great day. It is hot outside. I met with my therapist and she helped me alot. I am going to go lay down and take a nap,before my boy-friend gets here. I did slip with SI last night,cause of the stress that I have been feeling and the anxiety,but I am not going to let it get me down,I am going to move on and let it go,I feel quilty for what happen,but I will not punish myself either. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 pm

:wavey:

hey candy -- have you tried the before and after forum? maybe it might help you to combat si-related feelings better...?

that's a good attitude to take to si - it's just a slip and it's good to move on and let it go.

good luck

spider
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:34 am

:wavey: I am doing pretty good,just feeling somewhat anxious right now,and my boy-friend and I went out to visit some friends,cause I needed to get out of the apartment for awhile. We had a great time and he just left to go home and get some sleep. I am doing alright,just feeling tired. I had a great time at day treatment and it helped me alot. I had a great talk with my therapist she helped me alot.I like the ideal that you posted,it would helpe me alot,and I will give it a try,thanks again. I am going to take my medication and get some sleep,tired. I have the day off tomorrow,and I am going to do things that will keep me busy around here,and my case-manager is coming over in the afternoon,to visit me,so I have alot to talk about with him. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am going to be just fine and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. I am hanging in there. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:29 pm

I just got done cleaning around here,and I have things that I want to do for myself,like write in my journal and other things that will keep me busy and focus.I had another slip last night with SI,I was up soo late and could not sleep and I was feeling so anxious inside,I know that my other friends stop speaking to me,and I do not think that things will ever get back to normal,cause they said,I said something that I did not say to another friend,they blame me for it,and I did not do anything.I am hurt and angry inside,and I try very hard not to focus on it. I feel bad about my SI,cause it has been two days now that I have slip,and I try sooo hard not to blame myself,but the urges get soo strong sometimes.I am going to be good to myself and take care of me. I need support right now and I feel soo alone inside,even when people are around me. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright,nights are rough for me,and I hate being alone sometimes. I am going to make the best of the day and remember that it is a new day and focus on that. I will be back on the bus later on,going to enjoy the day. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 pm

I am doing alright,I fell alseep cause I was soo tired and I needed it. I am going to wake up and then write in my journal before my case-manager comes over,but he will not be here till 3:30.so I have some time. I feel better since I took the nap. I am going to keep myself busy around here and do some positive things for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am alright. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:44 pm

I am doing better than what I was. I finally wrote in my journal which helped me alot and then my case-manager is came over and we had a great talk,he helped me alot. I know that I have plans to keep myself busy if the urges get to strong for me to handle,if I feel like doing any SI tonight,so I have a planned out if it does get really bad,but I am not going to worry about it,till it happens. I am going to make dinner and relax till my boy-friend gets here. I am going to be alright. I am going to enjoy the rest of the day,cause it is nice outside. I am glad that I am here on the bus,cause it helps me alot. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:23 am

I am just relaxing with my boy-friend tonight and we are watching t.v.. I had a nice dinner by myself and then I took another nap,I must of been tired out today. I am doing alright so far,and I do not have any feelings of doing any SI so far and that is a good thing. I am going to watch t.v.,and take it easy. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:39 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend we just watched t.v.,and took it easy. He just left to go home and get some sleep. I am feeling alot better than I did earlier and the anxiety is gone. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then go to bed.I have laundry to do tomorrow and the rest of the day is mine and I plan on doing positive things for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. It felt good to write in my journal earlier and it helped me alot. I am getting tired and will be going to bed real soon.I just have to take my night medication.I feel more relax than earlier and the thought of doing any SI is gone,so I got through a rough time,and I am proud of myself for that. I am doing fine. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:04 pm

I had a nice day so far,I did my laundry this morning and got that done,and then I took a nap,cause I was sooo tired from getting up early. I am going to spend the day with my boy-friend,cause it has been a year since we started dating,today,so we have plans to make it a special day for us. I am doing alright,just relaxing and taking it easy.I did not do any SI so far and I am proud of myself for that. I did not write in my journal yet,but I am going to wait till tomorrow then I am going to write in it,so I have some positive things to put in it. My boy-friend will be here around 3pm,so I am going to watch t.v.,and do some fun things for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I hope everyone has a nice day. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:20 pm

I am having a great day so far,I went out for dinner with my boy-friend and we had a great time. Later we are going out to visit some friends,and then I will not be on the bus till tomorrow,after I go to visit my parents. I am doing alright so far,just feeling tired that is all. I have not done any SI so far,and I am proud of myself for that,even though it is not easy. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am relaxing and watching t.v.,till we leave later on. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will try to be back on the bus before I leave,if not I will be back on tomorrow. I am enjoying my day and staying safe as well. I hope everyone has a great day. be back soon :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi Candy, sorry I haven't been here in a while. I hope you are doing well.

And happy anniversary by the way!
Take care :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:09 am

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I am doing alright,I am spending the day with my boy-friend. I have not been writing in my journal for two days,but I will get back in to it tomorrow,just been very busy this weeked. I have not done any SI this weeked,and I am very proud of myself for that.I am going to relax and watch t.v.,with my boy-friend. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have to go back to day treatment program tomorrow,I am looking forward to it. I am doing alright. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:23 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend and he just left to go home and get some sleep. I am watching t.v.,and I will be going to bed real soon., I am feeling tired. I feel more relax and calm down this weeked and I have not done any SI as well. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I am tired,hot and I know that I will sleep good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am doing alright. I will be writing in my journal sometime tomorrow when I can get home but I will probably take a nap first.. I hope everyone has a great night. I am going to go and watch t.v.,till I go to bed. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. I am taking care of myself and being good to myself. I also need to start using more of my coping skills,I just can not get motivated,and the heat does not help. I will be just fine. Be back tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:11 pm

I had a great night sleep and I feel better this morning. I am getting ready to go to day treatment and I am going tp make it a great day for myself. I did not do any SI last night,and I am really proud of myself.When I get home I am going to take a nap and then write in my journal when I get up. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. have a great day everone!!! I will be back on the later on. :bcatsmile: