Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:45 am

I just woke up from a long nap and I did have a great day at program today,even though it was a long day. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and he just got here.It has been real hard for me not doing any SI,but so far I am doing alright. It has not been easy for me at all. I hope to write in my journal tonight,just going to see how the night goes for me. I am taking it one day at a time and that is all I can do for myself. I know that I have not been using all my coping skills that I have,but I promise myself that I will improve that,it is not easy for me to get motivated though. I am going to watch t.v and take it easy for awhile. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:30 am

hey! lost is on tonight so watch some lost if you're up to it. it's a good distraction :)

take care of yourself, man
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:27 am

I am doing alright so,just watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and taking it easy.I watch that show last night,and yes it is a good show. I have not written in my journal so far,it will depend how I feel after he leaves tonight.I will be make sure that I take my medication before I go to bed. My boy-friend is getting ready to leave,and I will be back on the bus before I go to bed. Feeling kind of anxious,but I will keep myself busy tonight.just hanging in there,right now,just wish I could feel better :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:11 am

I am sitting here watching t.v.,and my boy-friend just left,he is not doing soo great,he has been in a regular hospital 3 times,due to his asthmas,not sure if I spell that right,and he smokes,so his breathing is not good,he whezzies,not sure about that word either,he knows that it makes me nerves,cause I know he is scared. I told him how I feel and that it scares me,but he does not want to stop smoking. I even told him that I would stop smoking with him,and we could do it together,but he said no way that he would not stop. What would it take for him to stop smoking,and how I can deal with what I am feeling inside. I love him and do not want anything to happen to him,but his breathing does make me nervous. I just do not know what to do about it right now. I am scared,conused and afraid. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can do. I have not done any SI so far,and it has not been easy with my nerves.I did not write in my journal tonight,cause I feel better when I post here,cause it helps me to keep busy when I do not feel that good. I am watching t.v.,and I will be going to bed real soon,and I have program tomorrow,so I will not be back on the bus till tomorrow evening sometime. I will be alright,going to take my meds.,for the night and get ready for bed.taking it one day at a time.be back on tomorrow. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:54 am

I had a rough day today,cause I found out that my boy-friend is back in the hospital for the 4 time,it is his breathing again. I came home from program and took a nap,cause I was soo tired out mentally and emotionally,that I need some sleep,and when I woke up,I went to see him.My therapist told me to start taking care of myself and put myself first right now,which is not easy for me. I have not written in my journal yet and I am really tired out right now. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I love him very much,but there is nothing I can do for him,he has to help himself out first. I have not done any SI so far,and it has not been easy for me,but I have been trying very hard. I have the day off tomorrow,so I can sleep in. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:05 am

I already talked to my boy-friend on the phone,he is doing alright. I am doing good,just getting ready for bed,I am getting tired. I took my medication for the night,even though I still did not write in my journal,I plan on doing it tomorrow when I get rested. I have not done any SI,and it has not been easy for me tonight,but I got through it,and it was tough and I was scared that I would not get through the night without doing any SI,but I did. I am going to sleep in tomorrow,cause I need it.I am going to make a list of the things that I want to do for myself that will help me,and I will do that when I get up. I am hanging in there. I need to take care of myself right now,even though it is not easy for me,I have to try real hard. I am going to bed,and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,promise :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:28 am

I had a busy day today,my parents came over for awhile this morning to visit,and then I had some places that I had to go. I came home and took a nap,made dinner and then I went to visit my boy-friend at the hospital and now I am going to watch t.v.,and then write in my journal,cause it is something that I need to do for myself. I almost slip tonight,but I stop myself and it was not easy to stop,but I did. It was a hard thing for me to do. I am doing alright,but feeling tired out and I am going to take it easy,and take care of myself tonight.It is hard for me to be alone at night,but so far I am doing pretty good. I am going to go and watch t.v,and I will be back on the bus later on. Just hanging in there. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:36 am

I just talked to my boy-friend on the phone and he is doing alright. I am doing pretty good. I just took my medication for the night and I also wrote in my journal,which helped me alot and I am glad that I did write in it.I will be going to bed real soon, I am watching a good movie on Lifetime,but I am getting tired,so I will probably not watch all of it. I feel alot better now,than what I did earlier. I will be going to bed,and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:14 pm

I am doing alright so far,I just took a long nap,cause I was not feeling well.I will be alright though. My boy-friend is still in the hospital,not sure when he will be getting out. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I have to see how I feel later and whether I will be going up to see him. I love him and I hope he gets better,it has been 4 times now that he is has been in the hospital for his breathing. I am doing alright,just have dry mouth from my medication,I hate it.I am going to watch t.v.,and then get something to eat later,and decide whether I am going to go up and see him. I am taking care of myself and hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:49 pm

I have been watching t.v.,and I had a great dinner. I was going to go and see my boy-friend tonight,I am just not feeling well,time of the month,and the cramps are getting to me. All I know is that he will not be out to Mon.,the lastest. We have been talking on the phone which helpes us both. I am going to watch t.v., most of the evening and take it easy,and I will probably write in my journal later on. Besides that I am doing alright,just taking it easy. I am going to go and lay down. I will be back on later on,promise. Just not feeling well :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:36 pm

I was laying down and watching t.v.. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I have not done any SI and it has been hard for me,but I just try to keep my thoughts focus on other things and try not to think about it.If anyone has any coping ideals that have helped them and they think it would help me,you are welcome to post them here.Thanks. I am watching a movie and it is getting good. I am soo tired out right now. I am going to get going for now and I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:09 am

I am still watching t.v.,and laying down,I did not write in my journal tonight,cause I have not been up to it. I already talked to my boy-friend and he is doing alright.I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and go to bed,it was one of those days,that I was not feeling well,and I was not up to anything.The cramps were getting to me and I took something for it.I did not do any SI today and I am proud of myself,it was not easy for me,but I got through it. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then go to bed,jus tired as well. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,promise.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:55 pm

I had a rough night sleeping and I did not get to bed till 12:30am,but at least I did not do any SI,which was not easy for me,but I got through it. I need to start taking care of myself better and use my coping skills more. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then I am going to watch t.v.. I also plan on writing in my journal and hopefully do some coloring,cause I need to do some more positive things for myself,even fun things,which is my problem,cause it is hard for me to increase positive things in my life,and that is something that I need to do,if anyone has any suggestions,please let me know and you are welcome to post it here. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to make it a good day,even though the weather is not great. My boy-friend is still in the hospital. I am going to go and watch t.v;plus do something nice for myself. I will be back on the bus later on :star:

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 pm

I am going to make it a good day,even though the weather is not great.
What a good attitude! I hope you have fun watching TV and coloring. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:23 pm

I just got home from the hosptial,cause I went up there to see my boy-friend,hopefully he will get out tomorrow. Thanks for messeges you sent me. I did not have a chance to do any coloring or writing so far,cause I still am not feeling great due to my period. I just do not have any motivaes so far to do anything. I did take myself out for dinner at Wendy's before I went up to see my boy-friend. I am just going to relax for awhile and take it easy,and hopefully later I will feel somewhat better. I have not done any SI,and it has not been easy for me,but I keep fighting the urges. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:19 am

I have been watching t.v.,mainly Lifetime. I talked to my boy-friend and he is dong alright,hopefully he will be out tomorrow,do not know yet. I have talked to my friends on the phone and I also wrote in my journal tonight and that was a positive thing and no SI this weekend,another positive thing. I just wish I could feel all the positive things that I do,inside. That is a hard thing that I have coping and dealing with. I just do not know how to help myself with that. If anyone has any ideals on this,please post it here,thanks. I am going to watch t.v., for awhile and go to bed,not really tired yet. I will be back on the bus before I go to bed. I have program tomorrow.Be back soon :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 am

I am doing pretty good. I took my medication for the night and I will be going to bed real soon. I watching t.v.,and relaxing. I have program tomorrow and I plan on going,even though my boy-friend is not going to be there,caue he is in the hospital,I am still going,hopefully he will be out tomorrow. I made it through the whole weekend without doing any SI,and it was not easy for me,but I got through it. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to bed and I will be back on the bus in the evening time. I hope everyone has a great night,and I will also. Be back tomorrow. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:42 pm

I went to program today,but I was not feeling well,so I came home early and slept most of the day. I talked to Mike,he is doing alright,he is still in the hospital,not sure when he gets out. I have been soo stressed out lately,cause I worry about him,more than I do myself. My therapist told me that I need to take care of myself and put myself first. I know this might sound stupid,but there are times that I do not know how to do that,take care of myself. I do not know what she is talking about. I am doing the best that I can do. I know that Mike is been in the hospital alot and I am trying to help him as well. If anyone has any suggestions for me,you can post them here. I am doing alright so far,just watching t.v.,and take it easy. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:55 am

I am watching t.v.,and relaxing. I have talked to my boy-friend and he is doing alright. I am feeling anxious and trying to calm myself down. I took my medication and trying to focus on everything things besides how I am feeling. I have not done any SI and I am not going to give in to the urges,and I am going to fight it. I am going to keep myself busy tonight and do something positive for myself,no matter what it is.I am just having a rough time,but I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:01 am

I am watching t.v.,and I will be going to bed real soon,I am not having a great night tonight. I am just having alot of stress tonight,and my friend is getting on my nerves where I could not even talk to her anymore,so I had to get off the phone,then my boy-friend is upset with me,cause I did not come to the hospital tonight to see him,I was there last night,and I told him if he is there tomorrow,I wil come up to see him,if not then I will talk to him at home. I just do not have anytime for myself,even though I like to be alone,I am also afraid to be alone,cause the urges can really get to me.I am stressed out and depressed,cause the weather is not helping me,cause all it does is rain,so I can not get outside to walk. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.I will be taking my night medicatons soon,and then I will be going to bed.I have tomorrow off,so I will keep myself busy,by cleaning my apartment,and then my nurse is coming over,then the rest of the day is for me. I am sorry for going on like this,just needed to vent. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus tomorrow,sometime,promise :star: