Stress

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

briochick
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Stress

Post by briochick » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:51 pm

Right, so I'm back at school.
Taking 12 hours of 500 level classes.
I'm also working. 8 hours in one department and hopefuly 8 as a security desk worker at night.
In total I have 24 novels to read for my classes, some 5 odd projects, about 20 papers, and one short story to write.
I also have practice for the semester's Vagina Monologues, church, possibly Bible study, Tai Chi, and Smallville on Thursday nights (haha, yes, it's scheduled out).

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do it. the VM will be over after valentine's day so that's not too far away, but I don't know how all this will get done. My dad still doesn't seem to be talking to me and my bitterness at him has mounted recently.

I also have to work on sending out my resume because I graduate in august. (I have on class over the summer and that will be it). I have some 5000 dollars in credit card debt (I'm not an extravagant spender) and about twice that in loans (parents don't help with school) so I'm a little stressed about that. No, a lot stressed about that.

I'm having a hard time just living my own life too and not taking on my family's issues.

And I haven't si'd in four days and thoughts about it keep destracting me and I don't really know what to do because it feels like I 'need' to, but I know otherwise in my head.
Suggestions? Help. :cry:

StevieLynn
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by StevieLynn » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:11 am

Boy, you sound like I was in college. I had one semester where I worked two jobs, sang in two choirs, was the treasurer and student conductor of one, played on the soccer team, took 19.5 credits, most being science, went on a field study for spring break, and let myself get so run into the ground that I came down with pneumonia. Don't do that. It doesn't help matters. :wink:

You seem to have a handle on your schedule. Remember to include time to sleep. Seriously. Try to eat well, too. You'd be amazed at the difference. Also, try to set aside a little time each day to do something just for you. Excercise, work on a project, meditate, whatever. When you have to do all that reading, maybe do things to make yourself enjoy it, like put on a comfy pair of pajamas and grab a cup of tea.

Most of all, when you start feeling totally stressed out, take a step back. I remember so many times in college where I let myself get overwrought with emotion over what now seem like trivial things, and I either had a panic attack or SIed.

As for the debt, lots of us have it. Just keep making those payments. I've got $22.000 worth of college loans, so I feel your pain.

Let me leave you with a quote to think about when you start to get stressed: "Everything is ok in the end. If it isn't ok, then it isn't the end."

Love,
Stevie
In Which Something Oooh Occurred

And it felt like a winter machine that you go through and then you catch your breath and winter starts again, and everyone else was springbound. And when I chose to live, there was no joy, it's just a line I crossed. I wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found....But when you live in a world, well, it gets in to who you th ought you'd be. And now I laugh at how the world changed me. I think life chose me after all.
--Dar Williams

briochick
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by briochick » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:25 pm

joeygirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by joeygirl » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:40 pm

Wow! I can't believe how much you are taking on! The schedule is a great idea. I agree with the other advice. Sleep and eating well are important, or so I'm told!, and 'me time' is always important.

I hope you do well with everything. The VM sounds like fun!

With the debt, I have a lot of debt as well. I worry about it sometimes but then other times I just think I'll get there in the end. As long as I can make my monthly repayments plus a little more each month I just figure it will get there eventually.

Take care
JG :clover:
Siggy pic proudly brought to you by waydownsouth!!

My little home of madness!
It's all good until it's not...
The worst that's gonna happen is you'll look back and say sh#t I shouldn't have done that.....