last logins.. worried about someone

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

b3autifu2l37
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

last logins.. worried about someone

Post by b3autifu2l37 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:30 am

quiet little angel just posted about someone's last login, but i didn't want to steal her thread so i posted here. it made me think.

i know WE can't see when someone's last login time was, but i'm not sure if admins can?

someone who posted on here a lot stopped posting. i PMed them asking if they were okay and they've yet to answer me. is there anyway someone can check up on them or see if they've been on lately?

i hope this isn't invading their privacy :o sorry if this is a little confusing. just worried about a friend.
not on BUS so much anymore- i do check PMs :)

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:39 am

we can't give that information out; it's a privacy thing. about all we could do would be to send an email letting hte person know you're concerned.

deb
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:18 pm

If you sent a PM... if it is in the outbox then they haven't read it yet. If it is in the sentbox: then they have logged in and read the PM.

But really, people go offline sometimes for all types of reasons. They might be going through a healthy stage, they might have lost their connection on the computer, they might be grounded from the computer.... they might just have got bored of bus.. lots of reasons - don't worry too much.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

b3autifu2l37
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by b3autifu2l37 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:20 am

ok thanks :blush:
not on BUS so much anymore- i do check PMs :)