Struggling with Coping skills,before SI

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Struggling with Coping skills,before SI

Post by Candy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:31 pm

I have not done any SI for four days now and my therapist whats me to write down my feelings before it happen and after;plus what is bring me to that point. I have a rough doing that,cause at that time,SI just happens and it is hard to stop when SI starts. I am trying to make a coping book and a comfort book,but I need more help,if anyone has made these kinds of books,you are weclome to me anytime.I have a rough time sleeping at night and the weekends are also hard for me,and that is when SI happens or when I have negative feelings or emotions that i can deal with during the day time.If angelical dreamer,reads this,please write back or Pm,I have not heard from you in awhile and I wanted to make sure you are alright. Everyone on this Bus is helpful and caring people. I am just have a hard time using my coping skills before I SI and it can be hard.The thoughts are always in my head,and I know that I want to stop doing SI,but it is not easy,and I feel that I need more support right now,and I know that positing on the Bus I get alot of support from you all. I feel alone right now and I hate when I feel that way,or I start to feel bad about something,cause that is when the SI starts to happen.Just hanging in there for the day,
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:22 pm

just wanted to say that i read, and i wanted to let you know im doing ok, i think,
im kind of struggling with eating disorder issues at the moment,

hope that you are doing okay

take care of yourself and stay safe

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:38 pm

I am glad that you are doing ok,I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with your eating disorder,I am still struggling with my SI issues,and I started the comfort book ,but have not started with my coping book,I am using a two notebooks with each of them,I am here if you need to talk,just Pm me or write it on the bus,whatever you feel comfortable with. I just have not gotten in the mood to work on the comfort book yet. I know things are hard to deal with and if nothing is easy no matter what the issue is. It has been almost 4 days since I SI and each day,I wonder in the back of my mind,when will it happen again. and that scares me,but by being on the bus and meeting you,and other nice people,I know that there are people who care and understand. Remember to take it one day at a time,or minute by minute.OK. Hang in there and remember there is alot of people here that care and I am one of them. Just hanging in there today,weekends are not easy for me,so Pm anytime you need to. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:10 pm

what things make you happy? what things comfort you that you know you can write down? even if you can't write them down, is there a way you can describe them?

can you start from there?
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:58 am

how are you doing tonight? i cant remember if i pmed you or not, im pretty sure i did,

i just wanted to let you know that im feeling way better than i did earlier tonight, i even cried a bit , i listened to music, i called my mom and expressed how i was feeling, i scheduled and a therapy session with my therapist for monday instead of tuesday, cause i really feel like i need it, righ tnow,

i hope that you manage to get some sleep or if you cant sleep , try working on positiive things, i will be awake most of the night watching movies, and working on positive things tonight , i feel a whole lot better,

i hope that you are haning in there, take care of yourselfand stay safe, i hope to hear from you, hope that you read this tonight,

take care and stay safe!!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:35 pm

I got a letter from you and I tried to write you,but the mail did not go through,I do not know what happen. I glad that you are doing ok,I had a rough time last night cause I could not sleep,but I did not do any self-harm to myself which I am proud of myself. I have not worked on my coping book or comfort book lately and I know that i need to,do not know what else to add,you did PM me last night and told me you were going to send me something that deals with Recovery.I am going to PM you with my e-mail address. I am glad that you are doing ok,I just could not sleep last night. Just hanging in there. :star: