Struggling not to Do any SI

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Struggling not to Do any SI

Post by Candy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:21 pm

Even though I gave my SI tools away I still think of SI,and wanting to go out any buy them,and thoughts are making me nervous,and I am trying to distract myself from my thoughts,but it is not easy. I do not want to try to trick someone into giving in and to give me them,cause that would be not nice thing to do,but my thoughts are so much on it and that is hard to do anything else. It has only been 3 days know since the last time I SI,I wanted to give myself a tocket,but when I print it off,it is either to small or to big,anybody has any suggesions on that one. It can be real hard when you are trying to stop SI and your thoughts keep going back to it. I am trying very hard to cope,but it is not easy for me.The only coping skill I use is writing in my journal or taking a walk,and it feels like it is not enough. Any suggestions there. I am glad to be on the bus and it is the best place for me.My boy-friend has my SI tools and I will try my hardest not to get them from him,cause I know it is wrong and not a nice thing to do,but my thoughts and feelings are saying something totally different right now,and that scares me. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am very proud of myself for not doing any SI for three days. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:42 pm

It's a struggle to not have tools; that I understand. Your strength and your SI-free time are awesome and admirable.

I don't know how to solve your printing problem - I'm sorry. Is there another way you can reward / distract yourself from SI?

Can you do something that's mentally challenging to get your thoughts off SI? Like a crossword puzzle? A game? Read a book?

Good luck -- you can do it!
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: