after (again)

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

longlost-hope
building community
building community

after (again)

Post by longlost-hope » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:40 pm

have you taken care of your physical wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.

They're not that bad

what had happened just before?

It wasn't a case of just before, it was a case of all day, and all week, for the last two weeks i guess. This essay for sociology is hard, i cannot do it

what were you thinking and feeling?

I was feeling fed up and i was thinking "I feel awful therefore i need to cut"

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was the final straw? what was it?

It was the end of the night, iw as going to bed, and i guess i was just built up with stuff and i had to burst myself to letit out

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events that led up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decision and not arrived at the final straw.

I just had to cut when i did. And i think after this i will go and write a before bit, because i feel bad again.

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?

Lack of co-ordination in my life. Hey im going to breakfast and dinner now and going to a reasonable time!

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?

I didnt

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?

At first I thought talking to someone but everyone was in bed and i didnt want to make a fuss.

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.

If im feeling bad ill meet up with a friend BEFORE things get worse
And have a shower to freshen myself up?

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?

When this essay is finished, ill be on top of the world. And im starting the next one on wednesday and finishing it by the weekend.

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?

Im in it now bcause the problem is stil here!

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.

Talking, shower, reading

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:00 am

What things can you do to make writing essays less of an ordeal? How can you take care of yourself AND get them done?

longlost-hope
building community
building community

Post by longlost-hope » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:59 pm

Read before I try to type! The whole essay not understanding thing revieled itself to me yesterday. Better late than never but really i think i should be ok for a while longer.