mom?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

steady hands
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

mom?

Post by steady hands » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:00 am

I was just in the car with my mom, and my mom told me that when her friend that cleans houses was tidying my room, she found one of my tools in a film canister. She asked about it, and I lied, saying I took it out of my friend's backpack when I was looking for a pen. She told me that if I was ever doing stuff like that or anything, I could tell her about it, or have my friend talk to her. (I'm not sure if she completely believed me or not). Then she told me about a T she knew that was nice and knew what she was doing. I sort of want to talk to the T, but I don't know if i'm ready to tell my mom about my SI yet. I don't really know what the point of this post was, I guess I just need some hugs, and maybe someone to talk to. thanks for reading.

xx

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:45 am

i read... yeh its scary if you tell her, but it also sounds like a good thing to do. *hugs* and PM me if you really want to talk.
treasure
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:06 am

It does sound like your mom is open to be spoken to. From what you've said here it sounds like she would be pretty understanding and helpful. It looks like she already suspects it a little, and by approaching you calmly and asking rather than getting angry or making accusations or demands of you, it really looks promising. It could be worth taking this opportunity to get it out in the open and be able to see this T.

It is hard to tell people about your SI, especially parents, but it is possible. I hope you do manage to tell her.

Good luck :clover:

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:24 pm

It sounds like your mother can be a good source of support for you. She seems calm and understanding about that possibility of your SI. (Though she could very well know already.) It is extremely hard to tell people, but I think that it could be a very good thing. I know that things became so much easier for me when I told my parents. good luck. :star:

disastercake
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by disastercake » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:02 pm

It sounds like your mom would be understanding and helpful if you do decide to tell her.
:bfly: -Al :bfly:

"...And once you have tasted flight,
you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been,
and there you long to return..."
- Leonardo da Vinci

My Place