Why do i feel so alone?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

lordtakemeway
one of us
one of us

Why do i feel so alone?

Post by lordtakemeway » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:23 pm

How is that i can be in a large group with friends and love ones but yet feel so alone and out of touch with everything? a friend of mine said that i just didnt wanna make friends that i wanted to be self destrutive but i dont know anymore. i try talking to people about me cutting but nobody seems to want to listen. its werid when its not there problem how they dont want you no more. Why do i feel this way? the only time i feel a weigh off my shoulders is when i cut but how do i stop but still have a way to let that weight go? please help if you can
~~~~~~~needbigtimehelp~~~~~~~

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:40 pm

Hi, its sounds like you are having a hard time. Often it is when you are around a lot of people that you can feel most lonely (they say that big cities often have the loneliest people)
I know what you mean about people leaving you when you try to talk about cutting. They did the same with me. I think it is cause they are afraid of it and also they don't know what to say and they do want to help you, but feel helpless. Maybe you could talk about SI on here and rather talk about other things with your friends.
Look on this forum for various ways to get rid of the anger and frustration an even loneliness that makes you want to cut. The best thing is to stay in the present - so if you are watching a movie then make sure you are only thinking about the movie and the same thing if you are doing anything else - then you can go out with your friends and enjoy being with them.

Hang in there. Be nice to yourself, chat on BUS about the things you can't talk to other people about.

*hugs*
Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker