Buspar

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

*Stella*
orange smartie
orange smartie

Buspar

Post by *Stella* » Tue May 03, 2005 1:08 am

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but couldn't think of anywhere else. I was just prescribed Buspar today and just took my first dose. Has anyone tried Buspar before? I tend to be very oversensitive to meds, had a horendous time with ADs and am a little nervous about trying meds again. I know Buspar works differently than ADs, but still a tad anxious about it. If anyone has taken Buspar could you tell me what types of side effects you experienced? Was there any weight gain/loss for you? I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!! :1love:
<center>:redstar:<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... ">stella's place</a>:redstar:</center>
<center>Image</center>

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Tue May 03, 2005 2:57 am

I don't know the drug (but it might be useful to mention the chemical name as well as the brand, as there are different names in different places).

A good place for meds info is www.crazymeds.org . The info pages are pretty good, and there is a forum where you might be able to get an idea of individual experiences. Just remember that the effects and side-effects of meds affect everyone differently.

*Stella*
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by *Stella* » Tue May 03, 2005 3:48 am

Hi. Buspar=buspirone
I know that meds affect everyone differently, but it's nice to hear from people who've actually taken it, not just reading the insert that the drug company sends.....I will check out that website. Thanks! :lpurpheart:
<center>:redstar:<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... ">stella's place</a>:redstar:</center>
<center>Image</center>

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Tue May 03, 2005 5:07 am

That site does say generic type information, but has a lot of personal experience and other information in there. Espeically once you get to the forums. Its not to do with the drug companies, so might have a bit that is different to the consumer information sheet.

Calluna vulgaris
building community
building community

Post by Calluna vulgaris » Wed May 11, 2005 3:39 am

I was prescribed Buspar to combat my social anxiety. I didn't take it for very long, as I soon pulled myself off all meds, but I didn't notice any strange side effects while taking it (which was a period of about three weeks). I'm not quite sure that I took it long enough to develop any noticeable side effects, though, so maybe I'm not the most reliable source.

*Stella*
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by *Stella* » Wed May 11, 2005 4:18 pm

Well I've been on Buspar for about 2 weeks. I have had some side effects (tingling all over body, dizziness, drowsiness, numbness, feeling like a zombie, etc.....). But my anxiety is a little decreased which is great! But I might have to switch meds cuz the Dr. says that zombieness is not quite what we're trying to acheive. But maybe that will decrease over time...we'll see. :)
<center>Image</center>