Relapse

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

hbhpoems
settling in
settling in

Relapse

Post by hbhpoems » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:30 pm

Hi! I relapse 3 weeks. I was feeling afraided and depressed. It seemed like my whole world was crashing down on me. It is hard so times to deal with my emotions about the abuse I had to endure all my life. I feel that all the abuse was my fault.

Wandering
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Wandering » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:25 pm

Hey there

I'm sorry that you relapsed, but well done for staying SI for a while. To relapse means that you were winning for a bit, and thats great. Maybe you could have a look back and see if there were any specific events that made the emotions worse than normal and got you to the point of having to SI - were you under any extra stress for example? I know facing up to your emotions and trying to find another way to cope and deal with them is far from easy, but in the long run it does help.

Take care

Andi
Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember
Visitors welcome!!! : My Place

hbhpoems
settling in
settling in

Post by hbhpoems » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:57 pm

Thanks! I know what i need to do now