Trying To Stop Again!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

KittyCat2007
one of us
one of us

Trying To Stop Again!

Post by KittyCat2007 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:38 am

Ive tried before but I couldnt stay free of it. Im trying sooo hard again but its soo hard. I get the urges to cut, or burn, or drink, or take major amounts of Ibuprofen alot. I decided to stop last night and so far today I havent done any of it but its soo hard. I dont know... Im gunna hang in here tho. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ive tried alot different techniques but nothing has really succeeded. Im sorry for bothering yall with my problems. Thanks!
:bcatsmile: KittyCat
In Loving Memory Of Rhonda, Justyne, Joredun, and Briele Porter!

budman
one of us
one of us

try

Post by budman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:15 am

just try the best you can, the only good suggestion that i have is to call a friend, get out and do something, whenever you get the urge, i'm sure there is someone that you can call to help you.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:02 am

what have you tried? how much effort are you willing to put into it? imo it's unlikely to find any coping method that makes the urge disappear instantly. part of coping is being willing to cope through the urge... :grnstar:

KittyCat2007
one of us
one of us

Post by KittyCat2007 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:11 am

Thanks. Ive tried many things..like writing on yourself with red marker, taking a shower, listening to music, cooking, taking a walk, etc. I know..the urge is sooo strong tho. I dont know how long Ill be able to stay strong... but Im trying really hard. Thanks again.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:16 am

like writing on yourself with red marker, taking a shower, listening to music, cooking, taking a walk
when you get to the end of the list... then repeat :)

what started the urge? what emotions are there?
sometimes accepting that there is an urge rather than trying to stop it... can help. thinking 'hmm i want to si. interesting.' then go on about your day... rather than 'bad urge. must stop urge. hate urge. evil urge. evil self. etc' & spiraling into unhelpful thoughts + urge... can help
:grnstar:

KittyCat2007
one of us
one of us

Post by KittyCat2007 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:22 am

Thanks. I dont know what starts the urge... but it comes soo easy. Ive cut for like 2 years because Ive been so lost. I never had anyone to talk to. I was scared to tell anyone what I did or anything cuz I thought they would think I was crazy. A few people know now but its hard. I still feel soo lost. Thanks! I really appreciate this.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:26 am

*nods* easy to do... hard to stop. helps to realize how unhelpful & damaging it is long-term... in so many ways...

KittyCat2007
one of us
one of us

Post by KittyCat2007 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:03 am

Thanks. I havent cut but today I took [# edited - mallie]ibuprofen and [#edited - mallie] benadryl but dont know how many mgs is in each. I feel light headed, I can feel my heart beat in my body, and hear it, I feel light headed, and exhausted. anyone have any suggestions???? Im SOOO sorry!