My body keeps freakin out!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

marylou
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

My body keeps freakin out!

Post by marylou » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:51 pm

So yeah. My body keeps freakin out on me. It's all shaky, and I can't breathe and I know that if I could just SH then it would stop, but I've gone a whole month SH free so I'm trying really hard not to do it. But it's so hard! What's the matter with my body?

It happened worst last Wednesday, I was hanging out with a mate who knows about my SH and I just started shaking and it was a bit weird for both of us. And he suggested praying about it, which was totally cool except that when he came over to pray my body just freaked, I couldn't breathe (like I hyperventilated) and it was worse than ever. I was lying across a bunch of chairs and he had to help me to the floor and physically restrain me sometimes. I got so angry and frustrated, that I had to ask him to hold me down coz I knew if I got away from him I would SH. My body was just scaring me so much, but it's like withdrawl and I knew that if I could just sit it out it would pass. So he was pretty much sitting on me for over an hour....
And it was especially strange because I became like two people (not like I think I'm possessed, just confused!). The part of me that wanted to SH and was wrestling with my friend to get him off me so I could SH and the other part that was telling him to sit on me and hold my hand until I could be normal again. It ended up that we stayed up til four thirty in the morning, when eventually I was all relaxed and we could get some sleep!

Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do if happens and no-one's around to sit on me?!
"You loosen my chains and just ask me to trust you. But it's so much easier this way, even though I know that I am bound."

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:14 am

hey there...

http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=69886 - recent post about this.

you might want to try a search on bus for "panic attacks" or "shaking" or something of the sort. i've dealt with this a lot, and though i havn't been diagnosed, i think they're panic attacks. basically my body feels out of control, and the only way i feel it will be okay is if i si. but it's happened so many times that i've learned to control it. if the shaking doesn't take me completely by surprise, i try to start breathing regularly in a pattern, and focus everything just on the breathing. hugging a teddy bear, or another person might help, unless you're feeling violent. i wish i had more advice, but my mind's going blank right now. so good luck with everything, and pm me if you would like to talk. :D

love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

sug160489
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by sug160489 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:15 am

hey i started the other thread and i know wat it feels like, the best thing to do is learn to control ur own body using techniques for eg. when u first start to notice signs of shaking get up and walk around the room a couple of times then go and get a drink of water Also find an activity that u know will distract u, TV isnt always good as it has ads, by doin all of this u stay calm and think about sumthing else and often its enough if you dont let it get to bad

Pm if u want

Sarah
:o Zombie Sarah