Breathing through the stress

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

EllemyshShade
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Breathing through the stress

Post by EllemyshShade » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:21 pm

That's what I'm trying to do. My ego (expectation, desire) is making me stressed out. I need to learn to let go, to live for the moment. I do well for awhile but then it creeps up on me again. I feel like I'm struggling today. It might be the college thing making me more anxious then usual...I'm having thoughts like, "what have I done? what have I gotten myself into?" that kind of thing. I feel alone right now and isolated, trying not to think about how good it would feel to just be mean to myself. I know that's not the answer. Actually, rambling on like this is really helping at the moment. Composing my thoughts is soothing me.

B R E A T H E that's what I'm trying to do. Centering myself...I'm okay I think. I hope. I am. More rambling. I think I'm going to go try and distract myself with some writing now.
:bluestar: "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. "

J. Krishnamurti :bluestar:

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:42 pm

Breathing is a good thing
Deep cleansing breats

Could you get out and do something good for yourself
Maybe a nap or a nice bubble bath ?
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

EllemyshShade
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by EllemyshShade » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:21 am

Thank you Jo...I ended up going to sleep and staying asleep for 9 hours. I didn't even know I was so tired. My sleep schedule is so out of whack right now. I get pretty cranky/depressed when I'm tired. I feel good right now though. :)

thank you

love,

Michelle

:heart:
:bluestar: "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. "

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:41 pm

9 hrs??? :o
I'm jealous
What's your secret? :wink:

I'm glad you feel better now

Jo

EllemyshShade
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by EllemyshShade » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:12 pm

I don't know what the secret to sleeping long is! I think it has something (for me) to do with dreaming, because I only sleep that long if I'm having interesting dreams.

Okay, so I had my second day of college today and I came home feeling great. I feel really content right now. I met and spoke to about 10 different people...that's right...strangers and I'm sort of proud of myself for that because I feel awkward and tongue-tied around people I don't know. So it was nice to come out of my shell a little.

All in all, a great day! :)

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:16 pm

Awesome
I am so glad that you had a great day and bravo to talking to others
That is how friends are made :D