i made a mistake -- usergroups

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

i made a mistake -- usergroups

Post by sine nomine » Mon May 22, 2006 7:33 pm

(notice how i'm *not* saying that i'm an idiot the way i usually do?)

i've inadvertently deleted several usergroups. i can restore them up to a month ago from backup, but if you can't post or see a group you used to be able to see, that's why. it's a long story that involves my not considering an aspect of how the databases are built when i was doing some maintenance-type stuff.

deb
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

blue butterfly

Post by blue butterfly » Mon May 22, 2006 7:50 pm

Hi debs

Is there any way you can contact the groups to see if they have the relevant details that you require normally they will have a back up facility

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Mon May 22, 2006 8:25 pm

that might work for bush and zombies; for before and after, though, it'll be harder because that group gives people posting access to the forum. same for familes/friends and welcome wagon.

i can re-create them for now and let people re-join, then restore them form the database tonight. unfortunately, for the forum-relted ones, the only place the information about who was a user existed was in the database.

actually, though, i can probably just put all the people who've posted in the forums that have usergroups for poating access into the usergroups i create. that'd work. cool.

deb
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

moll_drum
building community
building community

can't post to before/after

Post by moll_drum » Mon May 29, 2006 11:07 am

Hi deb,

I'm a recent subscriber to before/after, my usergroups page states that I am a member, but when I try to post I am told that only members with special posting privleges can. Just wondering if this is related and i should unsubsribe/resubscribe or if I am doing something wrong?

cat
Gotta keep moving
cos it hurts if I stand still
can't start thinking
gotta find that strength of will