"Find all posts" option

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

theinvisibleboy
building community
building community

"Find all posts" option

Post by theinvisibleboy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:57 am

Is there a way the "Find all posts by _________" option to be disabled for me? I am thinking of letting someone I know use this resource, but I dont really want them to be able to go back and search for some of the old things I have said here, if for any other reason then they are bound to make them sad and/or upset.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:07 pm

No, I don't think there is.

Dan

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:15 am

I don't think that there is a way to do what you're asking. However, if you changed your username, all of your old posts would have your new name as the author, and that might help keep them private. Any admin can do that for you if you think it would be helpful.

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

Green Beauty
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Green Beauty » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:16 pm

I realise this way is a bit of hassle, but you don't have a huge amount of posts, perhaps just go back and edit your previous posts you don't want to be visible. If you just sat down and did 10 or so a day it would be done in no time.

Omnia vincit amor
Member of the Welcome wagon
Shh be quiet, You might piss somebody off
Proud member and loyal spoon of OATS - Oldies Against Text Speak
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Skipping and a jumping, In the misty morning fog with, Our hearts a thumpin' and you, My brown eyed girl