Protecting my password?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

misty1
growing roots
growing roots

Protecting my password?

Post by misty1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:12 pm

A couple of days ago my son attempted to hack in to my bus account.He knows my user name and clicked on the 'I forgot my password' and a new one was sent to my email address. He must have had an attack of guilt cos he told me what he'd done and that he'd not picked up the new password.

Obviously,if he had and had read my posts, life as we know it would most definitely end :-?

How can I prevent this from happening? One thought was to change my email address to my hotmail one so that if he did it again at least the new password would go there and not to the shared home one?

I'd be grateful if you could let me know-there's probably an easy way to stop it my end but I'm a bit thick when it comes to tech things with computers,despite selling them for a living :wink:

Thanks.
tiny dancer

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:24 pm

Yep, change your email address to one that only you have access to, get a new password sent to it, and you should be fine.

sassy koala
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by sassy koala » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:57 pm

or change your password to your e-mail. that way, even if he did click the button, he couldn't access y our e-mail. or set up a new e-mail account to have it go to that he doesn't know about...etc. (i have g-mail invites if you want a new secret e-mail -free too)
sk

misty1
growing roots
growing roots

Post by misty1 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:26 pm

Thanks guys...I'll do that :)
tiny dancer