*whinges about new picture size limits in sigs*

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Boogie Man
one of us
one of us

*whinges about new picture size limits in sigs*

Post by Boogie Man » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:11 pm

is there any way we can have the size limit upped from 500 x 75 to something like 500 x 100 or something? its just, i dunno kinda limiting working with a maximum height of 75 pixels.
i mean my old sig was 400 x 170 and it didnt take all that long to load even in convosation style threads in which ive posted a lot (i connect through dial up by the way).

anyways, rant over. :tongue:

peace

lit chick
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by lit chick » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:37 pm

There are recent threads about this here and here.

I'm not being funny, but why do you need it to be upped? You don't have to have a picture in your sig, or even have a sig at all. If you wanted to be creative perhaps you could use the expressions board?
I'm the Urban Spaceman, baby...

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:30 pm

hmm. i could consider upping it to 150 or or so. the problem isn't so much the dimensions of images (though i do want them kept under 400 pixels wide) as it is the filesizes.

deb
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

Boogie Man
one of us
one of us

Post by Boogie Man » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:33 am

lit chick wrote:I'm not being funny, but why do you need it to be upped? You don't have to have a picture in your sig, or even have a sig at all. If you wanted to be creative perhaps you could use the expressions board?
i wasnt saying that i need it upped, it was just a suggestion.
your right i dont have to have a picture in my sig, or a sig at all for that matter, but since i have the option of doing so i intend to use it. afterall you dont have to have a sig, but you've got one. :-?

i every now and then do post my art in expressions, but like all topics after a while they move form the front page and get lost amongst all the other topics. a picture in your sig is always there and doesnt get lost.

it doesnt really bother me that much if the size limit stays the way it is.

peace