replies being deleated???

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Sad Poetess
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

replies being deleated???

Post by Sad Poetess » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:52 am

okay, this has been happening for quite a while now. at first i just thought it was an 'accident' or something, but it has happened so many times i'm getting really really pissed off.

when i'm typing a reply, often i will have typed a couple of decent sized paragraphs, the i insert a smilie, or sometimes i just press another key, and the whole message erases. what is with that? is it my computer or what?

sorry, just really pissed off because it just happened again and i was upset by it.

thanks. (and sorry if i came off sounding harsh or jugemental- that really wasn't my intention at all- sorry :-? )
<center>I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to nature, art.
I warmed both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart-Walter Savage Landor

Proud member of C.B.F- Couldn't Be F*cked
Think this is crazy? Try here!

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="red">.</td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="orange"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="yellow"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="green"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="blue"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="purple"></td></tr></table>Marriage Is Love</center>
<center>Rest In Peace Jenny, Liam, Leil and Wendy... I pray that you are all happy now that you have escaped this nasty world and left the rest of us to deal with the grief</center>

caterpillargirl
one of us
one of us

Post by caterpillargirl » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:42 pm

sometimes when i click 'submit' the page freezes, so i press 'back' to try submitting my post again and when i do all my text has gone.
that's pretty annoying too :omad:
if that happens too many times in one night i end up typing my replies in MS word first and then pasting them into BUS once i'm finished.

and i also used to have the same problem that my post text would disappear if i tried to add a smilie, then i realized i could get around that by memorizing or making note of some of the smilie codes, and inserting them into my text that way, rather than inserting them from the emoticons menu.

sorry that wasn't a particularly clever techy reply :lol:

ben
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ben » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:29 pm

i know what you mean, it can be quite frustrating...

There is a way around it - firstly, if you can remember, leave a space or end the line and then stick the smilies in,
then it just won't happen,
OR, and more importantly, if it does happen, and you use windows/any OS with 2 mouse buttons,
immediately right click and then left click 'undo' in the little menu that you get - that undoes the 'insert smiley' that you'd just clicked on,
and then you can put a space in before reapplying the smiley.
"Knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and god was not there.The cold,suffocating dark goes on forever,and we are alone.Live our lives, lacking anything better to do.Devise reason later.Born from oblivion;bear children,hellbound as ourselves;go into oblivion.There is nothing else.Existence is random.Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long.No meaning save what we choose to impose."

Sad Poetess
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Sad Poetess » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:28 am

thank you so much ben. really, thank you.

i'll have to write that to a sticky paper and put it on the monitor!
<center>I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to nature, art.
I warmed both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart-Walter Savage Landor

Proud member of C.B.F- Couldn't Be F*cked
Think this is crazy? Try here!

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="red">.</td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="orange"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="yellow"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="green"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="blue"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="purple"></td></tr></table>Marriage Is Love</center>
<center>Rest In Peace Jenny, Liam, Leil and Wendy... I pray that you are all happy now that you have escaped this nasty world and left the rest of us to deal with the grief</center>