Members only boards

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Members only boards

Post by magebaby » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:45 am

Just a little confused at the moment...can someone please explain what the requirements are to join the members only boards like the private F/F board and such? are there rules about how much you have to have posted or soemthing before you can join?

Thanks.

magebaby
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:20 pm

In order to join the private F&F board, you must be a supporter of someone who self-injures.

To join Debates, you must have been an active member for 90 days and have 100 or more posts. Those requirements are there to prevent trolls from starting flame wars.

To join Before and After or Please Be Healthy, you just have to apply for membership.

BABS, SHACA, and Welcome Wagon are also open to anyone who applies for membership.

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:42 pm

Can everyone see place and spirituality and events??
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

midnight*
buskateer
buskateer

Post by midnight* » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:48 pm

as long as they've registered with the board then yes i think they can/
:blkstar: :dkpurpstar: :blkstar: :-? :blkstar: :dkpurpstar: :blkstar:

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by magebaby » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:09 pm

i've applied for membership to the F/F board and i support someone who SIs, but i didn't get membership. i reapplied, and it says that my membership is "pending". is there a reason why it might be taking so long for it to be decided or why i might have been refused membership the first time around?

thanks.

magebaby
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:57 pm

Hey :) PM mama for membership :)
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

jaded melody
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by jaded melody » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:09 pm

Im confused- what IS please be healthy?
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:26 pm

I'm really confused about ALL of this now... Can someone explain what the requirements are for every board, and why they're there, and how to find them; etc? Sorry, I'm just confsed...

Hannah :) :) :)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

Strange Glue
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Strange Glue » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:44 pm

One thing I've noticed is that the members-only boards aren't really documented as existing outside of the Before You Post forum. There's a lot there to take in - by the time someone might actually want to have a debate/ask about health/whatnot, they might not remember that a board exists for that from their reading at the start. It's probably really easy to get confused.

Hannah, <a href="http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51627">here's a post on Please Be Healthy</a> and <a href="http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=37571">here's one about the debating society</a>.
When faced with my demons
I clothe them and feed them
And I smile, yes I smile
As they're taking me over

Catatonia - Strange Glue

Strange Glue's Place Thread

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:53 am

Magebaby,

If you yourself engage in self injury, you cannot be a member of the private F&F forum. It is meant for supporters only. Sometimes it takes us awhile to get through all of the applications, as they all have to be approved manually...if you are indeed a supporter, we may just not have approved you for membership to that board yet. Here is the forum description:
sine nomine wrote:an area limited only to friends and family of people who self-injure. what's said here stays here. visible only to members of the special families/friends usergroup.

Jaded,

Please Be Healthy is a board for specific health and fitness-related issues. It is where to go if you need advice on how to curb bingeing or how to begin and exercise program. Weights and numbers are allowed on that board, as long as they don't lead to competitiveness. Here is the forum description:
sine nomine wrote:The name comes from a DBT concept -- PLEASE. Here we'll be interpreting it as:

take care of Physical iLlness
practice healthy Eating
be aware of how you use mood-Altering substances
balance Sleep
get enough Exercise

This is a place to talk about how you are trying to live a more healthful life. This may mean talking baout how you're changing your eating habits, losing weight, learning to exercise more, reducing or changing your use of mood-altering drugs, setting up a sleep schedule, learning to be fit and love your body no matter what weight you are, and otherwise taking care of yourself.

You can post numbers here and you can talk about how much you ate. Be careful, though, to remember that this is not a competition. If you post about unhealthy dieting or how to have a better eating disorder or how great it is to be drunk 24/7 or stuff that's not about the topic of this forum, your post may be edited or moved and you will hear from a mod or admin. If you persist in trying to use this forum in unhealthy ways, you will lose access to it.

I think this place can be a great thing for all of us. Thanks to Total Control for nudging me into finally creating it.

deb

Does that help? If you have other questions, please feel free to ask. It's what we're here for. :)

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

jaded melody
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by jaded melody » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:00 am

:) thanks jessica that was very helpful.
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by magebaby » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:27 am

i've stopped SIing. comletely stopped. can former SIers still join the board?

thanks
magebaby

No hugs, thanks

mama
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mama » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:10 pm

Yes. What I would like to ask thoughm is your friend a member of the board? If not, you could post on the open f/f board. PM me if you need to discuss this further.

Carolyn
I'm the only hell my mama ever raised.

"Mi taku oyasin"~roughly translated from the Lakota Sioux meaning~"We are all related-to everyone and everything".

All who wander are not lost.

Photo http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qni5la ... /My+Photos

More photos
http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

I know that God will never give me more than I can handle, but does he have to have so much faith in me?