Not getting the PM popup

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Not getting the PM popup

Post by Chimera » Mon May 10, 2004 8:18 pm

I have the box in my profile checked to pop up on the arrival of PM's, and I haven't had any problems with it up until this last week- it just doesn't do it anymore, and the box is still checked in my profile. I haven't changed my board theme or anything else. Any ideas?

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

Astar
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Astar » Mon May 10, 2004 9:02 pm

did you install a popup blocker or change to a diffrent browser?

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Mon May 10, 2004 9:06 pm

No... :-?
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

Ime
post laureate
post laureate

Post by Ime » Mon May 10, 2004 9:53 pm

Firewall? Antivirus software?
"It's like she doesn't need other people to define who she is. She knows"

(If these walls could talk 2)

~*~
I will remember that to not ask for what i need is both selfish and foolish

Electric Sunday
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Electric Sunday » Mon May 10, 2004 10:20 pm

It's usually to do with firewall settings, as Ime said :)
' "Why" is the only question that bothers people enough to have a letter of the alphabet named after it. ' [Douglas Adams]

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Mon May 10, 2004 10:32 pm

I guess my hubby could have changed the firewall or antivirus settings without telling me. Thanks guys! :D

Jessica
</center>

ben
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ben » Tue May 11, 2004 9:33 am

it can also stop happening if you have a plethora of browser windows already open too :)
"Knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and god was not there.The cold,suffocating dark goes on forever,and we are alone.Live our lives, lacking anything better to do.Devise reason later.Born from oblivion;bear children,hellbound as ourselves;go into oblivion.There is nothing else.Existence is random.Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long.No meaning save what we choose to impose."

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Tue May 11, 2004 4:01 pm

Turns out he had installed a popup blocker without telling me, and it was on "stealth" mode...he showed me how to set it to accept popups from BUS. Mystery solved! Thanks again for the ideas. :D

Jessica
</center>