BUS Photo Gallery (Please Read)

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

BUS Photo Gallery (Please Read)

Post by guest11 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:00 pm

<center>:lblstar: :purpstar: :ylwstar: :redstar: BUS Photo Gallery :redstar: :ylwstar: :purpstar: :lblstar:

Go to the BUS Photo Gallery</center>

Please read ALL of this before you ask any questions.

The BUS Photo Gallery is a place to upload your images to be added. They can be pictures of yourself, or even just a picture that you want hosted on the internet but can't get the space for.

In order to see the photos you must be registered. You can register yourself if you go to http://busmail.org/gallery and click the register button. Please use your BUS name for identification.

There are no conditions of registration other than you are a member of BUS. Let me make it clear that ONLY MEMBERS OF BUS WILL BE ALLOWED TO VIEW THE PHOTO ALBUM AT ANY TIME. You can be confident that only members of BUS are allowed to see the gallery. If you believe someone has access who shouldn't contact me and I'll do something about it.

A few slight changes to the software now means that members can register on their own, you no longer need me to do it for you. If you need any help I'm still here to help you with it.

If you wish to upload a photo you select the appropriate folder and upload the images. If you have a problem with any photo contact me and I'll see what I can do about it. If you want any photos that you posted deleteing contact me and I'll delete it for you as soon as I can. In most cases you can delete your own photos, but I can do it if you'd prefer, or if you have trouble with it.

Please do not post triggering pictures. There are no trigger warnings on the gallery and we want to keep everyone happy. I do keep looking over new additions to the gallery, but if you see something that you think is triggering and/or inappropriate, contact me, and I can take action. :)

If you have an questions at all, you can send me a Private Message, reply here, add me to your MSN list, or E-Mail photogallery@busmail.org . You can also contact Deb if you would prefer to speak to her.

If you for any reason want me to load a photo onto the account rather than you doing it you may send it to photogallery@busmail.org and I will upload it for you. I also have a MSN Messenger account under the name djgarry1@hotmail.com that I use to talk to my friends and am usually on if I am online, so feel free to add me to talk to me if you'd prefer.

If you have any problems at all contact either me or Deb.

Dan
Last edited by guest11 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:13 pm

Oooh, me likes the description for the Random Weirdness board :D

*is excited*

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:19 pm

one exciting thing i forgot to mention to dan -- this software has a little application that will let you drag and drop files to upload them. it's very cool, and you can download it at

http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php? ... y%20Remote

i think you can also edit stuff you've uploaded, which is cool. and i also think it will read the headers of digital camera pics and pull info from them. it's an extremely nifty software package.

we may be moving some people over and assigning them temporary passwords. if we do this, you'll get a pm telling you what your temp password is. you should change that as soon as you can.
the url for the gallery is still http://busmail.org/gallery and i've made a directory so that any pictures that were in hosted will not have their urls changed.

deb
deb

skru dup kid
retired forum moderator
retired forum moderator

Post by skru dup kid » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:25 pm

Alex wrote:Oooh, me likes the description for the Random Weirdness board :D
*has to second that* :blush:
"I am. I am. I am." - Sylvia Plath

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:00 pm

all of the photos are moved over. of course, the identifying info was lost... i'll be trying to replace as much of that as i can.

deb

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:15 pm

i'm able to give people ownership of their photos and restore the comments, but the comments will all be dated today and have my ip address on them, sigh.

deb

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:44 am

there is an important post in place for anyone who had an account on the new gallery. please read it immediately:

http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39899

it's aboutyour new account.

deb

P!nk
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by P!nk » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:30 am

Ummmm... It's not working for me. Have I missed something? I got my email/password etc - but it says no images etc and when I try to login it just clears it and wants me to login again...

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:32 am

you already had a password... it should work okay for you with the password you had.

if it's not behaving, let me know and i'll change your password.

deb

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:37 am

i've moved over all the pics from the old gallery. where i could tell, i gave ownership to the person who originally uploaded the picture. i've also moved over all teh descriptions and almost all the comments.

if you've got a picture in the gallery and you odn't own it, pm deskana so he can change the ownership of it back to you. once you own it, you can edit the captions, rotate or flip it, or delete it.

you can upload pictures in any album you want; just click the link to upload your pic.

deb

Valiant
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Valiant » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:54 am

I'm sorry to cast a downer but that gallery software from past experience by myself and others is buggy, especially when it involves multiple users.

Don't get me wrong, when it works, it works brilliantely, it just happens to have quite a few tempramental days.

The best gallery software Ive found is Coppermine Gallery, you can view my version at www.gatekeeper-online.co.uk/gallery all the features of Gallery with quite a few nifty extras!!!

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:55 pm

thanks for the tip. i did some research before choosing this doftware, and a big point in its favor is the huge userbase, the active development community, and the fact that i know several people who use it. i'm going to stick with it for now.

deb

Valiant
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Valiant » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:20 pm

cool. sorry about my comment though.

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:40 pm

Don't be sorry, we're really grateful for the information! :)

P!nk
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by P!nk » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:11 am

Yeah, it doesn't like me... But thats ok, I don't need everyone to like me *smiles* But I finally figured a weird way to get in... But I can't upload photos & sometimes I can make comments other times they don't go through... Weird. Anyway, I sent some pics to you Deskana under the name manicpinkgirl... If you could upload those that would be cool - if not let me know so I can try someone else. Or I can go take my pics & try on someone else's puter. Thanks for all the hard work guys. The pictures are really nice and clear and the albums look cool. :blush:

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:36 pm

You might be able to upload your photos now, I've tried something to see if it'll work.

Check your PM box, I've sent you a message. If you can't upload the photos just resend them to me. :)

Dan

Valiant
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Valiant » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:51 pm

After you login, if it doesn't show you as logged in, press refresh several times. And it *should* eventually realise and show you as logged in.

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:49 pm

I have the same problem actually. If I log in and then sign off the internet, when I come back on the internet it says I'm logged on, but won't let me use the admin pages, because I'm technically logged on.

Interesting.

Valiant
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Valiant » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:53 pm

One of the annoying bugs I was reffering too, as of yet I've found no way to fix it. Will let you know though.

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:57 pm

Happened with the old gallery. I thought it was just my browser incorrectly configured.