Busmail?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

darkestelf
one of us
one of us

Busmail?

Post by darkestelf » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if Busmail will ever come back up? I have emails on there from friends that are now deceased (Bruyere Savage) and would be devastated if I lost them. I at least want a chance to figure out how to transfer them to somewhere else if busmail is going away forever. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Darkest Elf

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Re: Busmail?

Post by swirlish » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:53 pm

This is something that only the owner of the domain can fix. Deb has been informed that it's down, but the staff don't know what else will happen, although we hope it will be resolved. From what I understand at least, no e-mails/content has been deleted/removed, so there should be a technical possibility to recover your e-mails, but I don't know enough about that.

If you want to ask Deb yourself, e-mail her at lllama@gmail.com

darkestelf
one of us
one of us

Post by darkestelf » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 pm

No response. I guess I'll just have to hope.

sojourner_steph
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by sojourner_steph » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Just wondering, is this the same issue with the www.buslist.org website? I noticed a while ago that the link to get to this forum from there is broken. Is that something only Deb can fix? I was just concerned that it means that any new people searching for a forum like this are going to find it harder to find - Google searches mostly take people to that page, not the forum directly.

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Deb is aware of the problem with buslist.org as well. I don't know what the solution will be. I can only ask that you e-mail deb about it (I'm sorry you didn't get a response, darkestelf). If there is anything the admins can do, we'll do it, but for now we can't. I'm sorry to have to say that.

darkestelf
one of us
one of us

Post by darkestelf » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm sorry too. Those mails meant a lot to me. I feel so stupid for not backing them up but I couldn't figure out how.