Is it possible..

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Annybelly
being the change
being the change

Is it possible..

Post by Annybelly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Is there any way I can have a list of topics, like when you subscribe, but only receive email notifications for some of them?
Specifically, I'd like to have a list of people's places [well, the ones I visit on a regular basis], so I can access them easily, without having to trawl through the 'view my posts' or place, and risk missing them, but I don't want to receive emails, or my emails would.. die :o
At the same time, just because I'm awkward, I'd also quite like to continue receiving the email notifications for topics I already get them for..

I don't know if it's possible at all, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be really grateful :D
♥ "Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear." ♥

♥ "You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." ♥

♥ "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations." ♥

♥ "I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace." ♥

♥ "Things haven't always been this bad, therefore, things won't always be this bad." ♥

My Place
My Efforts At Being Healthy
My Bus Butterfly Obsession

♥ DFTBA ♥

Chey
welcome cow
welcome cow

Re: Is it possible..

Post by Chey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:29 pm

I would also like this. Short of subscribing to each topic individually after searching through the board. It would be nice if there was a more easy way to find the threads in a list like format that you are asking. Good idea! Hope someone can suggest something!

" “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important” — The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:43 pm

maybe not coming at it from the same angle as you want, but...

when you view threads after page one they have the post number in the url (eg. start=20). if you bookmark a thread, you can then edit the start number to a really high number (say 100000) and the forum will take you to the final page of the thread, whatever that is. so i bookmark people's places in my browser with the start post changed and i can go backwards a page or more if a lot has happened in that thread.

you can place bookmarks in a folder, on a toolbar, or have other shortcuts to get to them, so once set up it's easier than going to subscribed threads or something else.
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:50 am

With places, I used to use bookmarks, but now I have a separate folder in my email and BUS notifications go directly in there so my inbox doesn't get overloaded.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

Annybelly
being the change
being the change

Post by Annybelly » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 pm

I've got a 'bus' folder in my email, my email's really organised anyway, I'm a bit of a folder-nerd when it comes to computers :tongue:
I've got a bookmarked list, which I can work my way down so I don't miss places :D

♥ "You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." ♥

♥ "Things haven't always been this bad, therefore, things won't always be this bad." ♥

My Place

♥ DFTBA ♥

Annybelly
being the change
being the change

Post by Annybelly » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 pm

I've found a little 'bookmark' thing, where you get a list of threads in your UCP ]seperate to your subscribed topics] if you click the little 'add bookmark' link at the bottom of each thread. It's pretty much what I'm looking for- I won't miss places, and I can see easily if they have had a new reply since my last visit!

Just thought I'd throw that out there :wink:

My Place

♥ DFTBA ♥