Question about "View New Posts"

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

guest23
growing roots
growing roots

Question about "View New Posts"

Post by guest23 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Is there anyway I can block which forums show up in the "View New Posts" category? I'm tired of scrolling through pages of Games and Random Weirdness to find the new posts that are of interest to me.

Let me know,
Cait
"You've come far and though you're far from the end, you don't mind where you are because you know where you've been."
- Carbon Leaf

Uriel, The third planet of the star Malek in the spiral nebula Messier 1 0 1.

Chey
welcome cow
welcome cow

Re: Question about "View New Posts"

Post by Chey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 pm

That would be a good idea. Especially since RW and Games move quite fast and are separate from actively helping people by challenging them.

Chey

" “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important” — The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

Chey
welcome cow
welcome cow

Post by Chey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm

I know this isn't what you mean about viewing new posts, but did you try just subscribing to certain posts or forums to get notifications of new posts? I realize its not the perfect solution but it might help.

Chey

" “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important” — The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

guest23
growing roots
growing roots

Post by guest23 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Chey - Thanks for your response. I've been looking around the forum and FAQ and all that I don't think there is a solution to my question. I don't think its possible to stop viewing forums in the "View New Posts" screen. I can however just go to each forum individually to see whats new, and not check RW/Games/Place.
"You've come far and though you're far from the end, you don't mind where you are because you know where you've been."
- Carbon Leaf

Uriel, The third planet of the star Malek in the spiral nebula Messier 1 0 1.

caged bird
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by caged bird » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 pm

i've never tried this becasue i just read around pretty much everywhere, but i think if you subscribe to forums, you'd get the new posts i nthe forums on your control panel? then you could just access the things you need form the control panel rather thanthe main board looking at new posts (but there's no guarantees that works becasue i've never ever tried it i just read new posts in each forum as i go along.)
visit my website
My Place

Being almost devastated is horrible because it lingers. But total devastation brings a kind of peace. It lets you give up.
Thieves and Kings: Volume Two by Mark Oakly

The line between normal and crazy seemed impossibly thin. A person would have to be an expert tightrope walker in order not to fall.
Running with scissors - Augusten Burroughs