Retrieving old places?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

longlost-hope
building community
building community

Retrieving old places?

Post by longlost-hope » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey I thought it would be quite interesting to read back on my old places (I've had a few but know I can only have one at a time). Is it possible to do this? xx

Chey Kizoxie

Re: Retrieving old places?

Post by Chey Kizoxie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:38 pm

I think there is a bus archive however the search function dosnt work to well. perhaps try clicking on your profile and view users posts you might be able to find some of your old place posts.

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:11 am

Probably, but not certainly...

There are a few spots that old place threads could be... it could still be in place, just pages and pages back. Either searching the name or searching by author (using you) is probably the best way to find those.

If the threads are very old, they may have been split off into the archived stuff. It isn't gone and someday it could be added back into BUS, but it would take Deb some time and effort to do that and it might mean some downtime for the board, so it hasn't been done yet.

The other place they could be is in the holding bin, if you asked someone to lock and move them before you started a new place. If you think you have some there, let me (or another staff member) know and I would be happy to get them back onto the regular board so you can find them. They would need to be locked (only one active place per person), but it wouldn't be hard to get them back from there so you could read them again.

Let me know if I can help you find them.

longlost-hope
building community
building community

Post by longlost-hope » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:31 am

It's ok I think I found them :) it's quite funny actually, reading me whine about exams *is glad it's over*