posts showing

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

leasmith
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

posts showing

Post by leasmith » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Not surprisingly some posts were dropped in the conversion (ones that were posted between last night and today). Also, the latest post in the index does not neccessarily reflect the latest post. While I can not expect you to find the missing posts, it would be nice to get the index to correctly reflect the latest post. GOOD JOB Deb
Lea
Take the second star to the right and go straight on to morning.
to my place: NeverNeverLand

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Re: posts showing

Post by sine nomine » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:27 pm

i'll have to run a re-indexing function. i may have to take the board down temporarily to do it, so i'm going to let it go for a while.

i may or may not be able to convert posts that were made last night. it depends on how similar the table structures are; i'd like to be able to dump them into a temporary table and just insert them that way but i haven't really compared the database schema between the two versions. i wanted to get the board up as quickly as possible, so i spent three hours this morning checking the settings and testing; i'm glad that people are finding things i missed or spaced out on. thanks.
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

friarygirl
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by friarygirl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:02 am

It was cool where I am (Gibraltar and possibly UK/Spain too, I really don't know); Bus was just inaccessible whilst the updates were being put in place, so no chance of missed posts.

Sarah
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable.
Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all...
Douglas Adams
Member of OATS -- Oldies Against Text Speak
:bfly: THE TIME TO TELL SOMEONE YOU CARE IS NOW :bfly:

Eowyn
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by Eowyn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:50 am

No friarygirl, the missing posts referred to were the ones written between when the board was first down for the conversion yesterday but Deb stopped it and when she restarted it later that night (this morning for us). The board was inaccessable two separate times not one throught, but the you probably weren't a sad little soul staring at the screen whilst it was happening like I was! I couldn't help it I was just intrigued by the change over.
I want an arm that doesn't bleed...
Instead of crawling on my knees and feeling scared
Won't back down- Kato

With you I'm washed as white as the snow
And all crimson stain becomes just a shadow
You know I would be blind without you
So light up my way to find my way home again
All the way- Delerious?