reporting posts

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

reporting posts

Post by Proximity » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:30 pm

Hello everyone!

To report a post, please click the little red exclamation point on the post that you would like to report. You can then select the reason that you are reporting the post from a pull-down menu of options. There is a space there where you can explain why you're reporting, or give any additional notes of information. You can also request to be automatically notified when a mod or admin clears your report, but we will PM you about your report regardless. This is a really good way to report posts, because all of staff can see the reports, so it is likely that this is the fastest way to reach us!
This new system is great, but you are also always welcome to write to a mod or admin about any problems, issues, or concerns you may be having on BUS.

If you report a post or write to a mod or an admin, and you have not heard back in what you consider a reasonable period of time, you can try writing again. We are not ignoring you! Sometimes people are away, taking a break from BUS or otherwise occupied or don't have board access. We're all human too, so we occasionally lose messages, or forget about things!
Though we will not always agree with you about what (if anything) should be done with a post, we will always acknowledge your report, and follow up to tell you what's been done, as appropriate.

You all know (or should know) the rules. If you see something that bothers you, or that you think breaks the rules, it's fine to report it to a member of staff. That's what we're here for :)
It's helpful to us when we get reports from members - it lets us catch things more quickly, and sometimes helps us catch things we might not have noticed without your help.

Thanks to everyone for your help making this community as good as it can be.

:redstar: prox. :redstar:
[lovin' my zombie heart]

[updated by mian 08/13/13]
Last edited by Proximity on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery