news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

eleonor
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by eleonor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:47 am

How can I get a reserved avatar?
I sent my picture 5 or 6 months ago to both e-mails, with my name in them, and still no reply.
I sent it then several times, even eddited the picture - still no answer.
It's not a big problem, but anyway I do not fell myself somehow posting under a picture so many people have as avatar.

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 am

Give us all a little time to catch up. The server that was hosting them and such went down and we were unable to add any during the snafu

Those in charge of loading them are working on catching up but it may take a little time.
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

eleonor
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by eleonor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:15 pm

OK. Thanks a lot!

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi,

so avatars are fixed in that you can now go into your profile and use an avatar from a non-reserved gallery (or from a reserved gallery, if you have one there) or change an existing avatar for one of those ... however, the system is still broken in that the avatar wranglers can't get in to add new avatars.
We're hoping that will get fixed soon, but it hasn't happened yet, and it's been broken for some time now, so I'm sure there's a huge back-log of avatars that are supposed to go up.

You could sort through the avatar galleries and see if you can find one that you like that not as many people are using, or just wait for an update that the wranglers can add new avatars again ... when that happens, we'll ask if they want people to re-send their avatars, because I don't know if things have gotten lost/confused in all the time it hasn't been working.

I hope that helps, thanks for your patience.

:blkstar: prox. :blkstar:
[tic tock tic tock tic tock]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery