I received a pm and now i cant read it

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

glasshkd
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

I received a pm and now i cant read it

Post by glasshkd » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:10 pm

hi, i lost my pw cause i have been off here for a while and i got a new pm and wanted to view it, so you all sent me a new pw, now i have to log in like every time i want to change pages, i went to the pm and clicked to read it and i had to (of course) log in again and when i did, it was gone. how do i find my old messages???? thank you
"I can do this.
I am stronger than I think.
I am better than I feel.
I am nicer than I look.
And I am more right NOW than I have ever been before."......it just came to me. Glass2Steel

Fieryphoenix
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Fieryphoenix » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:23 pm

i would guess that whoever PM'ed you deleted it before you got it. when this happens, you get an email saying you have a message, but no message is waiting. i'll pm you and we can find out. :)

caged bird
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by caged bird » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:59 pm

you shouldn't be having to log in every time you change pages, unless you open differnt windows for them. have you tried clicking on the *keep me logged in on this computer* box on the login screen when you enter your password? that might help too.
visit my website
My Place

Being almost devastated is horrible because it lingers. But total devastation brings a kind of peace. It lets you give up.
Thieves and Kings: Volume Two by Mark Oakly

The line between normal and crazy seemed impossibly thin. A person would have to be an expert tightrope walker in order not to fall.
Running with scissors - Augusten Burroughs

Boogie Man
one of us
one of us

Post by Boogie Man » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:12 am

you shouldn't be having to log in every time you change pages, unless you open differnt windows for them.
the changing of pages / browser windows within a single browser app shouldn't log you out if there are bus cookies sitting in your web browsers cache file, telling bus that you're IP address hasn't broken it's connection to the bus server.

the solution would probably be to switch on cookies and clear your cache/temporary internet files.