'search' function?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

amyfairy
postinating the countryside

'search' function?

Post by amyfairy » Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 pm

for me, this function has not been working for months, how about for anyone else?
i'm not really bothered, i am just sleep-deprived and wondering. :roll: and i wanted to go stalk some old topics. maybe stalk is the wrong word...

cheers,
x amy

P
settling in
settling in

re: 'search' function?

Post by P » Tue May 08, 2007 3:20 am

I recently returned to BUS after an absence of several months. If I remember correctly, the Search function wasn't working for me when I was last here a few months ago. (No matter what I searched for, it returned no results.)

But I just tested it, and it's working for me fine now.

P

Boogie Man
one of us
one of us

Post by Boogie Man » Tue May 08, 2007 4:25 am

it hasn't worked properly for me in ages, the only way i can effectively use it is to search for usernames, other terms seem to only work half the time.

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Tue May 08, 2007 12:42 pm

I have problems with the search sometimes too. I often find searching by forum and username to be more useful if I'm looking for something I can remember. Or if I can remember vaguely when it was, if on one of the quieter boards, I'll just look around that date.

Have you checked your watched topics list, if they're old threads you posted on? I know that I don't clear that out very often, and have managed to find through there things I was after.

If you're still having trouble, PM me with what you remember from the threads you're after and I'll try and help track them down :)

amyfairy

Post by amyfairy » Thu May 10, 2007 11:05 pm

oh, it appears to be working again now! :roll:
thanks guys!