Why was my profile deleted?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Eva
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Why was my profile deleted?

Post by Eva » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:24 pm

I have been a member since 2003 (I think), but when I tried to log in recently my profile didn't excist anymore. I didn't post much, but was here once in a while, reading what other people wrote. Now I've made a new profile, the same name, and that's ok, but I'm a bit sad that all my private messages are gone.

Eva

amerylis
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by amerylis » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:01 pm

there was a problem with some users not being able to access there usual names ask one of the admins about it, they will have the details xx
~~Panda~~

6000 - 6999 - awe-inspiring Image

~my Place~ all welcome :D

To the world you are one person, but to one person you may be the world.

3 years SI free since May 2013
6 years SI free Jan 2007 - Feb 2013 with lapses in March/April 2013

Boogie Man
one of us
one of us

Post by Boogie Man » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:44 am

a while ago deb deactivated all the accounts that hadn't been used in a long time, this was to prevent old inactive accounts being misused by non-members.

are you sure that 'eva' was the username of your previous account?

because, when an account is deactivated it still remains on the database, and it can be reactivated at any time by an administrator; we rarely ever delete accounts in thier entirety

what puzzles me is that you can't have two accounts with the same username registered on the database. so if your old 'eva' account still existed (active or otherwise), you would not be able to make a new account using your old username like you have already done.

this leads me to believe that either your old account is gone for good, or that it has a different username to what you remember, in which case it can be reactivated.

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:28 am

Sending you a pm
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: