Username change requests - post here!

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Username change requests - post here!

Post by pretty » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:52 am

If you want to change your username, post in this thread saying what you'd like it changed to and an admin will get it as soon as they can. If you'd rather pm an (active) admin to ask, that's cool too.

Changing your username shouldn't be a routine thing like changing your sig, but it can be done. Name changes will be done at the discretion of staff, and if we feel you're changing too often we will ask you to pick a name you want to stick with and there will be no more changes. A good guide is that if you get to your third name change it's time to think about a name you want to stick with. Name changes confuse people and are a pain, so doing it too often isn't a good idea. It's also probably a good idea to think about *why* you're changing your name so often.

If you change your name, it's usually a good idea to put a line in your sig about who you were before to avoid confusing too many people., though if you're changing to maintain your privacy it's not such a bright idea ;)

Once your name has been changed, the posts in this thread relating to it will be deleted, to keep things tidy and so we can see easily if there is a post which no one has got to yet.

Edited to add: I've tidied up this thread a bit. Admins, when you've done the name change and recorded it, please delete the entries relevant to it here!

(edited by mian, 2012-11-21)
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place

StarChild
growing roots
growing roots

Re: Username change requests - post here!

Post by StarChild » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Could I have my name changed again? I apologize if it's a bother.

I'd like to be StarChild, if it's not taken :)

Clean & sober since July 14, 2012.
SI free since January 29, 2016.
Cigarette free since May 12, 2017.

"i'm falling back in love with being alive."
- Kesha, "Rainbow"

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Re: Username change requests - post here!

Post by swirlish » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm

StarChild wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:39 pm
Could I have my name changed again? I apologize if it's a bother.

I'd like to be StarChild, if it's not taken :)
No bother at all! Done :)