bus problems, frozen and not registering posts

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Hiddendepths
bus conductor
bus conductor

bus problems, frozen and not registering posts

Post by Hiddendepths » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:45 am

My bus screen is frozen. It says i have a new PM all the time and is not registering my posts, well it is but i cant see them. It's still showing the the posts from a couple of days ago as the most recent posts.

Can you help, or will it just stop in a while..?

Thanks amy x x x
:-)

Worthless
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by Worthless » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:21 pm

Mine did that a while ago. I went to file and made sure that the work offline button wasn't checked, then reconnected to the net and it was fine after that.

L
<CENTER> I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live

The plastic face forced to portray all the insides left cold and grey

My Website

My DeviantArt Page
</CENTER>

Hiddendepths
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Hiddendepths » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:43 pm

Ive checked all my settings and computer files. It was ok yesterday, but now its doing it again. its been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:43 am

empty the cache?

:star: prox. :star:
[nin]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery

Hiddendepths
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Hiddendepths » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:28 pm

:( how do i empty that...? I have empted and deleted all the temp and net files. but it's still doing that... is it just aol being pooey

IrisCadence
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by IrisCadence » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:29 pm

I've been having the same problem for a few days now too. The Friends and Family board hasn't updated since Tuesday for me and every time I come back, it still lists Tuesday's posts as the most recent. The Forum Index, however, works fine and states that the latest post was today, as it should, but when I click on the link, the same page I've been seeing for three days now comes up. All other forums are fine. It's just the F&F board that seems to be problematic. Any ideas?
IrisCadence
*pardon me while i burst into flames; i've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games* -- incubus

IrisCadence
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by IrisCadence » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:34 pm

Please ignore that last post. I just fixed it. I kinda feel dumb, all I had to do was refresh the page... duh. Whatever *shrug*
IrisCadence
*pardon me while i burst into flames; i've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games* -- incubus

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:00 am

BUS has been acting strange for me too..... :lol:

I know why it does that.... but I still can't help but find it funny. :lol:

Hiddendepths
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Hiddendepths » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:27 pm

LOL deskana!!!! hahaha sorry. that has made me giggle rather a lot.

but yea im still having mega problems. all the forums have looked the same for about 5 days now. It's like time has stopped lol.

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:30 am

What makes me giggle even more is when it sets it to "Wednesday December 31st 1969 11:00 pm" because that's an even more peculiar date..... and the year was the name of a cool episode of Stargate. 1969. :lol:

Anyway, mega inspiration on your problem. Go to Tools and then Internet Options. Click the Settings button (middle of window on the right) and look at how often it checks for new versions of the pages stored. If it's set to Never then only a few forced refreshes would temporarily solve the problem. Mine is set to Automatic but I'd recommend Every visit to the page. That'd (essentially) means it'd check to see if there are new posts, private messages etc every time you visited BUS. It'd also fix any problems you're having with other pages too, I hope.