The Bus Photo hosting site and uploading pictures

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Pissenlit
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

The Bus Photo hosting site and uploading pictures

Post by Pissenlit » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Hello to any kind and technologically gifted person who can help my poor cursed technological soul out!

So I uploaded a pic to the Bus photo site under the hosted album, so that I could post it in a thread; however all the threads that say how to post a pic in a thread say that the URL needs to end in .jpg or some other file extension. But the bus hosting page DOESN'T end in a file extension at all, so it won't post in the thread. And just typing in ".jpg" at the end of the URL doesn't work either (I figured it was worth a shot). Please help!

Thank you!! :D
Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten!

I can has place now?

I am the grammarian about whom your mother warned you!

Dandelion fluff

pinky
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by pinky » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm

i just tried it, never been there before...left click on your mouse and click on save image properties, then
left click in the reply box here and click on paste, and don't forget to put the tags around the image properties :wink:

Pissenlit
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by Pissenlit » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Hmmm, I tried to do that and couldn't - I'm a Mac user and have one of those one-button mice; usually just holding down the click for an extended period of time is the equivalent of a left click, but I'm not getting another drop down menu from doing that - it's just toggling back and forth between the large view and the regular view. *siiiiiigh*

Thanks anyway, though. I guess I will just have to look into Photobucket or not post any of my own photos! : ( Told ya I'm technology cursed! : )
Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten!

I can has place now?

I am the grammarian about whom your mother warned you!

Dandelion fluff

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:28 pm

Control-click to right-click.