Can BUS Posts be found through online search engines?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

little-lost-one
orange smartie
orange smartie

Can BUS Posts be found through online search engines?

Post by little-lost-one » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know whether posts in the "Place" forum can be found by anyone other than bus members?

I want to give my fiance a few of my posts from my Place, but not if he could put in that wording into google.com or some other web search engine or something and find where I posted it - I want to keep BUS as a place for myself independent of him.

Thanks!
Little-lost-one
"O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid... With all my heart will I praise you. O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death." Psalm 86: 5,12-13

At the end of your rope? Ask God to tie a knot!

I'm trying.... HARD. Really.

b3autifu2l37
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by b3autifu2l37 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 pm

i don't think so. i tried it with some stuff i wrote in place, and nothing came up. i also typed "place on BUS" and stuff into google and messed around and nothing came up.

however, i think there was one or two people who had mentioned that family members had read stuff of theirs.. i think their family had typed in their username, though.

i would think by logging out after each use you'd be pretty safe? but these are just my guesses, sorry!

anyone with more knowledge feel free to correct me :)
not on BUS so much anymore- i do check PMs :)

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:45 pm

Bus itself can be found via search engines but not particular posts.

You must be a member to view any post that is not in this forum
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

little-lost-one
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by little-lost-one » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:33 pm

THANK YOU!

- Little-lost-one
"O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid... With all my heart will I praise you. O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death." Psalm 86: 5,12-13

At the end of your rope? Ask God to tie a knot!

I'm trying.... HARD. Really.

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:52 pm

However, anyone can register on bus and then find your posts if they know your username or search for a phrase somehow.

Mia

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Deb has taken steps to ensure that individual posts from BUS can't be pulled up by Google and other search engines, though people can find the BUS community itself, and people could also register with the board.

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>