PMs not being sent

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

help_me_understand
building community
building community

PMs not being sent

Post by help_me_understand » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:34 pm

For a while now I have noticed that every now and then, a PM sits in my outbox forever and never gets sent (never appears in my sentbox). It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes it's like the PMs get clogged up. Is this because the recipient has a full inbox and can't receive any more or is there something I can do about it?

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:49 pm

Its not inboxes being full (if an inbox is full, the earliest PMs get deleted).

A PM will sit in your inbox until the recipient opens it. It could be that they're not logging on to the board anymore, or have been away for a while.

You could try resending, in case they didn't see it and open it when you first sent it, or if you check their profile there should be a link to email. This will take you to a web form and send them an email - you won't see their address, but they will get your address that you registered to the board with. Sometimes email can be a better way to get in touch if someone isn't around the board much.

help_me_understand
building community
building community

Post by help_me_understand » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:29 am

Ah, thank you! That makes sense. Most of the people I PM don't have their email activated, so I haven't been able to get in touch that way. Reassuring to know though that it's just to do with when they open their messages. Will stop worrying about it now!