GMail Invites

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

GMail Invites

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:59 am

Hi, I have 8 Gmail invites left if anyone would like one, just PM me.

fuzzy ducky
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by fuzzy ducky » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:37 am

I have 18, and noone to give them to too!!
My Myspace

Of course I'm out of my mind, Its dark and scary in there

:o Fuzzy Ducky - Zombie wh0r

My Place-Slightly Quackers

sug160489
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by sug160489 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:56 am

wats Gmail?
:o Zombie Sarah

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:21 am

I've got a gajillion =/

fuzzy ducky
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by fuzzy ducky » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:53 am

Email from google. Its kinda weird tho
My Myspace

Of course I'm out of my mind, Its dark and scary in there

:o Fuzzy Ducky - Zombie wh0r

My Place-Slightly Quackers

sug160489
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by sug160489 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:37 am

sounds it
:o Zombie Sarah

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:29 am

It's web based e-mail, and you can also access in outlook, outlook express, eudora etc.

It's good for survivors and others who use such forums where trust is an issue because if you e-mail someone, and they think they may know you .. GMail makes it so you can't be traced.

ben
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ben » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:03 am

Krystian wrote:It's web based e-mail, and you can also access in outlook, outlook express, eudora etc.

It's good for survivors and others who use such forums where trust is an issue because if you e-mail someone, and they think they may know you .. GMail makes it so you can't be traced.
And it's great because the provider actually goes through all of your mail in order to target advertising at you.

Outlook is crap, and is not something i'd recommend to anyone unless i really couldn't stand them.
"Knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and god was not there.The cold,suffocating dark goes on forever,and we are alone.Live our lives, lacking anything better to do.Devise reason later.Born from oblivion;bear children,hellbound as ourselves;go into oblivion.There is nothing else.Existence is random.Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long.No meaning save what we choose to impose."

près de vous
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by près de vous » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:13 am

ben wrote: Outlook is crap, and is not something i'd recommend to anyone unless i really couldn't stand them.
lol sorry that just really made me laugh for some reason, ok i'll shut up.
<center>I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me I've been alone all
along...when you cried I'd wipe away all of your
tears when you'd scream I'd fight away all of your
fears and I held your hand through all of these
years...but you still have all of me

No Image please

Shanon my forum, please join</center>

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:24 am

ben wrote:
And it's great because the provider actually goes through all of your mail in order to target advertising at you.

Outlook is crap, and is not something i'd recommend to anyone unless i really couldn't stand them.
Well they do not go through your e-mail, that's just urban legend. However, like AIM mail, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail, they will use a system that checks for keywords. However, I have never had any ads in Gmail yet.

At the end oif the day the Gov go through your e-mails to, so what's the difference? France filters UK transmissions, Canda does the US etc etc.

Outlook is fine for text e-mailsand is secure from preventing viruses now being sent in graphics. Outlook Express (Free version) is naff, it keeps crashing.

ben
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ben » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:34 pm

Krystian wrote:Well they do not go through your e-mail, that's just urban legend. However, like AIM mail, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail, they will use a system that checks for keywords. However, I have never had any ads in Gmail yet.

At the end oif the day the Gov go through your e-mails to, so what's the difference? France filters UK transmissions, Canda does the US etc etc.

Outlook is fine for text e-mailsand is secure from preventing viruses now being sent in graphics. Outlook Express (Free version) is naff, it keeps crashing.
Google mail gives you targeted advertising in a sidebar, targeted, because your email is scanned by them, in order to tailor the sidebar to your email habits.

At the end of the day, it gets dark.

The French government doesn't filter UK emails, and the Canadian government doesn't scan US email.

If you're referring to RAF Menwith Hill, then you're referring to CIA commincations intercepts, carried out on behalf of the US government by GCHQ as part of their agency work.

Outlook is simply not a secure product.
"Knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and god was not there.The cold,suffocating dark goes on forever,and we are alone.Live our lives, lacking anything better to do.Devise reason later.Born from oblivion;bear children,hellbound as ourselves;go into oblivion.There is nothing else.Existence is random.Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long.No meaning save what we choose to impose."

claire
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by claire » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:22 pm

i love my outlook so nyah ... hate me all you liek ...

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:59 pm

What's so bad about Outlook Express? I've used it for years. It never crashes and I never get viruses. I just don't understand :-?