old posts

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

joanthegoat
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

old posts

Post by joanthegoat » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:31 am

Hi friends-

I'm having a problem that I'm not computer-savy enough to answer:

Recently I've been trying to look at older posts--like from years past--and I don't know when the original post was made or anything, so I've been trying to use the search option . . . the problem is that my searches always come up with no results. So then I try to remember who made the post and just sort through each of a person's posts. The barrier I run into with that technique is that after about 1 or 2 pages, my search comes up with no results--even if that person has 6 or 7 inital pages of results.

So I guess I was wondering if we still had access to really old posts or if my searches are a lost cause.

Thanks for any help/searching advice that you can offer.
-joan
nothing, whether deed, word, thought or text, ever happens in relation, positive or negative, to anything that precedes, follows, or exists elsewhere, but only as a random event whose power, like the power of death, is due to the randomness of its occurrence.

-- Paul de Man

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:49 am

When the board was upgraded, the search feature was cut off up to that point. You can still find older posts...easiest way if you are looking for you own is to go to your profile and click *view all topics by author* then scroll through from there.
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:01 pm

The search function is very, very broken. Another thing to be aware of is that it will often return results that are just plain wrong- it will attribute posts to members who didn't start them, for example. It's very frustrating. :-?

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>